User Tag List

Thread: Climate Control and AC

Default Climate Control and AC

This is more of a question that has been bugging me, but when i press the Auto button for the climate control, regardless of what temperature i set the dial to, why does the AC have to turn on

Granted, when i want it cool, the AC turns on and when i want it hot it goes into AC/ECO mode, is there any reason it does this

Been bugging me for a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    This is more of a question that has been bugging me, but when i press the Auto button for the climate control, regardless of what temperature i set the dial to, why does the AC have to turn on

Granted, when i want it cool, the AC turns on and when i want it hot it goes into AC/ECO mode, is there any reason it does this

Been bugging me for a while now...
    No idea why it does this mate. Bugs me too though, especially when it turns the air con on full blast to try and get it to its optimum temperature. I get it's just doing it's job, but seems to me there is no middle ground.

I think in the near 2 years I've owned my car, I've probably used it twice and at least one of those times I would've pressed the button by accident.
    Last edited by Jamesa2z; 02-07-2012 at 11:52 AM.

I never use the Auto mode. It's pointless IMO

Yeh i don't use it either. Just manually control it. I think it's just for lazy people, but to me it's just a waste of fuel, blunts your power, and over taxes the compressor.

The other delightful side affect of a REM is that with the auto A/C mode on, you get some gnarly vibrations at idle because the engine drops into a lower rev band when you pull up. It adjusts, eventually, but takes a little while to catch up.

That being said, it's a good idea to give your A/C a pump every week or so. Just keeps things moving. My BMW used to be notorious for the build up of mildew assosciated with the aircon being used infrequently and for short distances and leaving dampness on a cooling core in the dash which then grew mould. It was a common problem, and even referred to in a dealer bulletin as 'the dirty gym sock smell'. Their fix/recommendation was to leave the A/C in auto mode all the time. Hopefully these cars have a better designed system!

I never used to use auto on mine....but i have been lately it rocks imo....if i dont use the auto, i crank it up too hot and then i'm freezing when i get out!!! My mazzy knows how to look after me, she knows how i like it

Last edited by MISSMPS; 02-07-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    I never used to use auto on mine....but i have been lately it rocks imo....if i dont use the auto, i crank it up too hot and then i'm freezing when i get out!!! My mazzy knows how to look after me, she knows how i like it

She likes it nice and warm

I use it all the time. Guess I'm lazy, but I'm gonna start manually setting it coz it's driving me crazy

Damn OCD

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post

set to 21-22 deg... let it do it's thing, it even puts on the demister for the windscreen
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post

set to 21-22 deg... let it do it's thing, it even puts on the demister for the windscreen
    I'm set to 25 down here in Mexico. Always on auto.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I always leave it manual, I hate auto stuff, I don't use the auto lights either.

Annoying thing with mine, it'll be set to say, fan speed 2, 22°C, re-cycle air and head. It'll in the first 5 min of driving decide I don't want it to re-circulate air and I'm like hmm I smell exhaust fumes from the guy in front, grr, set it to re-circulate again and it won't change for the rest of the trip. Then without fail about 20 min or so after that, it will decide that even though I wanted head, it thinks I need head/foot and change itself... then I change it back and it stays on my setting for the rest of the trip.

My car's air-con computer is an idiot! lol...
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

it will decide that even though I wanted head

sorry speed3, couldnt help taking a bit of humour at this. At least you aircon computer is going beyond its design of duty

Anyway on topic, I usually keep mine off till the car's warmed up and then press auto at 25C and if I don't like what its "auto"ed to then I'll tinker...

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post

sorry speed3, couldnt help taking a bit of humour at this. At least you aircon computer is going beyond its design of duty

Anyway on topic, I usually keep mine off till the car's warmed up and then press auto at 25C and if I don't like what its "auto"ed to then I'll tinker...

2011 Mazda 3 MPS