User Tag List

Thread: Hi everyone!

Default Hi everyone!

Hi there! Names Alex and im a mazdaholic.

After owning an 89 FC RX7 and getting sick of spending every weekend and all my money fixing it just so i could have that turbo rotor smile, i sold it 2 years ago and recently bought an MPS6 jan 06 build i think. its a Silver luxury pack with the high spec alarm, all the other fruit and im pretty sure its had some sort of underbody sound deadening done to it because its covered in some stuff all over everything underneath it. No tint yet and i still have the stock ride height and rims.

its got 107,000Ks on the clock and is completely stock apart from me removing the baffles from the AF box and adding a 2wd switch.

I am pretty sure its got all the standard MPS6 problems including the heavy clutch which i cant seem to get the hang of ( my girlfriend who does'nt even have a license comments on me being rough!) and the dodgy diff mounts. i also have the infamous front end knock which after a bit of reading on here im sure is just the sway bar bushes!

i live in Mandurah WA, i have seen at least 3 other MPS6's getting around near me so if your out there let me know ide love to meet up! Will get pics eventually but at the moment it just looks like a stock MPS6!

I also drive a 1979 BMW 633CSI so if you see a faded grey one getting around thats me also.

Hehe, mps6, where else but WA, nations capital for them....

Am sure there will be a number of fellow WA 6 enthusiasts along soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the forums. And be sure to post some pics of your cars. I wanna see the 633CSI please!

Tom

Welcome! today must be the day for new members
    Enjoy your stay

welcome

Welcome mate. I'm pretty sure 90% of the country's MPS6's are in WA.

Check this thread, only started recently.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12914

Thanks guys!

I will take some decent shots of my babies when i get a chance, The 633 isnt anything special, it desperately needs paint but it goes hard and the interior is still pretty good for 33 years old. mmm black leather...

8. Default

Welcome Alex #2 :P

Hi and Welcome

Welcome Alex, from an ex-MPS6 owner - Great choice

The guys have an early morning cruise soon, if you're interested - http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...ne-2012-a.html

Hey Shakespeare, i'de definitely go on that cruise but i will be away at work .

anyone here from mandurah way???

3's arent bad either welcome !!! im down your way in Bertram see you around in mandurah all the time.....Cheers

Nothing wrong with a 3 at all, i just wanted a stealthier look and more traction! Ahh could be me, but there are a few silver MPS6's getting around mandurah.

should have a coffee meet up or something haha

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mps3 View Post
    3's arent bad either
    ...when yer ready for a faster MPS!

Still want to see pics of the Bimmer..

ok ok i will upload the ones i have, now. they arent awesome... just progress snaps of the day i got it and after i cleaned it inside, and serviced it. but watch this \/ space

Finally got some pics uploaded with a few more soon,

brief descriptions.

pic 1 - Sitting in my driveway the day i brought it home, note the lack of front bumper well the story goes that the previous owner had a little roundabout bingle and bent it beyond repair. apparently he has another one for me tho but im not holding my breath and have attatched the old one since. its bent sure, but it doesnt look too bad

Pic 2 - interior after the initial clean. pretty tidy for a 33 yr old car. dash has only a couple of inconspicuous cracks. HVAC panel is u/s and i need a couple of electric window switches.

pic 3 - The black leather seats. also, pretty tidy for age but they do have some bad spots. they cleaned up well with some autoglym leather cleaner and leather balm.

Pic 4 - That sexy M30 engine and its cool looking intake manifold. she sounds pretty good approaching redline!

Pic 5 - Some genuine BMW style 4 rims i got for it, i just need to get tires fitted. they are all in mint condition with no kerb rash etc. they are all 16x8's and im gonna have to stretch my tires onto them so they fit next to the strut haha

Its an old car, it needs some love. but the more love i give it the less love my MPS gets. i only have so much love hahaha
    Moar pics? if you want me to...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0203.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	293.8 KB 
ID:	11242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0215.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	291.1 KB 
ID:	11243   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0243.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	11244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0245.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	298.8 KB 
ID:	11245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0307.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	11246