User Tag List

Thread: problems with my mazda mps gen1 '06 - PLEASE HELP ME

1. Default problems with my mazda mps gen1 '06 - PLEASE HELP ME

hi guys! im sorry but i cpouldnt find any threads relating to my prob so i apologise if i opened another thread.i was wondering if any1 can help me for i have 2 major probs.

- my 1st prob that is that im having problems with my gear shifting. its so hard and rough just to change gears especially 1-3 are really bad.
    ive just piked up my car yesterday from geting new synchromes replaced and it still seems to be the same. it cost me quite a bit and im very frustrated and stressed out over this problem.

- my 2nd prob is that also wen i got the car back, i noticed while i was driving i would hear some noises wen i turn. either left or right i would here some wierd noise like "woooooooo". i never had this noise before till i got it back.

and just to be clear the mechanic was a friend of mine who took out my gearbox... but the people who worked on it was another company which i dont kno if i should mention...

please help me if any1 knows wat to do.

thanx

Issues with engaging gears is often the shifter cables, there is an adjuster in the cabin that can be moved to improve gear engagement to compensate for cable stretch etc. I have never heard of anyone needing to replace their syncros in these gearboxes to date, I hope it want too expensive.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/drive...ne-tuning.html

The turning noise is the infamous woong noise, it occurs at low speed, high angle turns (i.e U turn), it is the LSD doing its job and is totally harmless, you can probably hear it more now as your mechanic has used a different gearbox oil, you can either live with it, or find a quieter oil.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/drive...il-thread.html
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Start your car let it idle turn your steering wheel left and right, see if its the same noise. If it is, its your steering pump . If your worried check out another mps see if theres is the same as yours, if yours is worse have your steering pump looked at

PS- check oil in your steering pump.

4. Default

it could be something as simple as dirt stuck inbetween your springs etc. give it a good wash to get rid of all dirt. also check if you have any oil leaking from the shock. have you had work done to your recently - eg: shocks replaced, bolts tightened etc..

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Issues with engaging gears is often the shifter cables, there is an adjuster in the cabin that can be moved to improve gear engagement to compensate for cable stretch etc. I have never heard of anyone needing to replace their syncros in these gearboxes to date, I hope it want too expensive.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/drive...ne-tuning.html

The turning noise is the infamous woong noise, it occurs at low speed, high angle turns (i.e U turn), it is the LSD doing its job and is totally harmless, you can probably hear it more now as your mechanic has used a different gearbox oil, you can either live with it, or find a quieter oil.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/drive...il-thread.html
    Agree with Matt's diagnosis
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Call them take it back, if you took it to a shop, paid for gear box to be fixed and its stuffed take it back get them to look over it, could be low on gearbox oil.
    Could be air in power steering system, best way to fix jack front end up- with car off lock to lock with steering wheel to release air bubbles from system they will appear in power steering bottle.

Or as stated the LSD is whining from end bearing possibly.
    Last edited by mickos; 26-06-2012 at 11:41 AM.

7. Default

ok guys... thanx for ur help... will note all this down and check them all...
    yes i have had shocks replaced recenlty.
    thanku all... much appreciated

Doesn't happen to be a cosmic blue car by any chance in the A.C.T?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Agree with Matt's diagnosis
    +1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

10. Default

lol... no not in act....but it is a cosmic blue

11. Default

hi guys? its me again...
    i just wanted to ask u guys...
    my car is still making the woo woo noise... it only seems to make the noise wen i turn and accelerate. the noise is louder wen i thurn right than it is wen i turn left?
    and also, now i hear just a little clumping noise wen i hit some bumps... im thinking maybe its my sway bar links??

can any1 here recommend me to some1 to check all this out for me??? (some1 who aint gonna charge me an arm and leg too please!!!)
    im ffrom the western sydney area...

thanx guys!!! hope to see some great recommendations....

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

oh yeh.... btw... no1 believes me that its the gearbox oil as u guys told me..

Its definitely the LSD making that noise, we all experience it, have a read through the gearbox oil thread I posted a link to earlier, some oils are noisier than others. I run the redline MT-90 in mine, I still get the woong noise, but I find the oil to be a good performer, so I put up with it, iirc the penrite SYN oil is noise free, and has recveived some good reports.

13. Default

hmmm... ok ill try that...
    and also... can any1 recommend where i can find a part im looking for my mps...??
    the part im looking for is the left hand side front guard that sits above the tyre and goes all around to under the front bumper..
    its all one piece but really its 2 piece joint... mazda charged me $180 brand new straight from japan genuine part...
    i dont want to pay this much and i dont mind if its second hand... but cant seem to find any...
    my old one came loose and my tyres just ripped it apart while driving...

btw.... just wanna say i appreciate u guys and this forum... where would i be without u... u guys are the best...many thanx!!

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

oh yeh... btw... anything on the clumping noise??? any1 that i can take my car to for a good inspection?

Quote Originally Posted by burn View Post
    hmmm... ok ill try that...
    and also... can any1 recommend where i can find a part im looking for my mps...??
    the part im looking for is the left hand side front guard that sits above the tyre and goes all around to under the front bumper..
    its all one piece but really its 2 piece joint... mazda charged me $180 brand new straight from japan genuine part...
    i dont want to pay this much and i dont mind if its second hand... but cant seem to find any...
    my old one came loose and my tyres just ripped it apart while driving...
    Mazda wanted to charge me this as well (turns out I didn't even need to replace mine and they were trying to stitch me up for both side-front guards and the undertray.... That's another story though).

Given you clearly need a replacement one, the only advice I could offer would be looking around at places that are wrecking MPSs. There were a couple a few months back posted in threads here, so have a search if you can see one come up.

Hope that helps in some way

15. Default

ok cool... thanx heaps

I had this whining noise in my 2006 Mps and new diff oil fixed this problem.