User Tag List

Thread: Stuck brake or worse?

Default Stuck brake or worse?

Hi All,

I've had this happen three times now.. first time I thought 'that's a bit odd' and filed it, 2nd time I'm thinking something might be up, 3rd time 'm thinking I might have an issue here..

After the car has been parked for some time and I release the hand brake, maintain a foot on the brake pedal, engage 1st, release brake, add RPM, then release clutch I get a loud 'clunk' (close to a bang, but no grind) and some drag from what I think is the rear left, but then it just rolls off and drives perfectly normal.

My guess is that the caliper is sticking on, but my fear is the AWD or the diff doing something a bit strange.

Has anyone else come across anything similar that might give me some clues?

Cheers,
    tims

I don't own a 6 so never researched it thoroughly but from what I've seen in passing , this is very common on the 6.

I get this all the time when I wash the car and park it in the garage for a few hours or overnight and then drive it.

The brakes sometimes bind and the bang is them releasing from the disc. Nothing to be concerned about

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Happens to me sometimes. usually if its been wet cos the surface rust that forms on the rotor might be sticking to the pads

Thanks everyone - I gave the pedal a work-out and the problem seems to have gone..

Phew - no AWD bugs for me !