User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Sri to get??

I think the Sure unit is a 1-piece isn't it? Part of the housing?

Well I just installed my hks sriClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342069829.858847.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	11570

HKS Death-shroom!

how does it sound?

My old Trust mushroom filter used to sound WICKED.

Wow that looks awesome how much was that??

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

Looks like you wedged half a beehive in there, does look good though
    How does it sound? Any performance deference?

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

Thanks guys.. When the turbo is winding its more of a whizzing noise and it's just a ccchhhhh when off the throttle.. Cost about 380ish with delv from edgeautosport. Arrived in about a week. I had an eBay Sri and thought I should change it.. Plus I liked the yellow and it looks the part. Very well manufactured.

7. Default

We have not heard this complaint about our speed 3 airbox. I would like to investigate further and maybe get one of our engineers involved so we can help you solve this problem! Would it be possible to get a video clip of what you are experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Personally I dislike my Corksport Airbox - it causes the intake to make some weird a$$ chuffing noises when the BOV dumps, and on intake it sounds like holding your ear to a sea-shell rather than a nice sharp turbo intake whistle i've had on other cars - but it does keep things legal and being in Vic and the areas which i drive around it's a wise move.

And it does keep things cool. I spend a lot of time in traffic and the heat soak really does blunt performance when running an unenclosed pod - i used to swap back and forwards between the factory airbox and a HKS pod on my stagea - pod because it sounded awesome, factory airbox because it went better and used less fuel. I couldnt ignore the difference, the airbox was much better in everyway other than sound. No lie.

On the MPS, I pulled my car over to a servo this morning after an hour in stop/start traffic to inspect a boost leak (was the blanking plug on the BOV) and put my hand on the airbox - ice cold. Hand on the intake hose - ice cold. Everything else was toasty warm - so i'm convinced it works.

In summary - i wouldnt run a pod without a box unless you're a poser.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

It is not super glue, it is grey silicone RTV. Have you been able to correct the hesitations you have been experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    To anyone with a corksport - take your filter off and check your air straightening guide is still in place. Just removed my filter to replace a globe and found the plastic air guide just floating around freely in the pod. Might explain the weird hesitations I've been experiencing lately.

Looks like they tack it in there with some superglue in 3 small spots - not very good!!

8. Default

SMOKEY, any update on the sri issue?

9. Default

Anyone have the corksport SRI and box in the mps6? I heard it doesn't fit well and takes a little adjustment to make it fit?

Buy any sri but never get eBay one HPS racing. Cel every 5 mins ((

Quote Originally Posted by xccude View Post
    Anyone have the corksport SRI and box in the mps6? I heard it doesn't fit well and takes a little adjustment to make it fit?
    I have a sure Sri with the box and it fits just tight. I would think the corksport Sri would only fit better since the box was designed for it
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by xccude View Post
    Yes, we have it on our six, and no it didnt initially fit properly.
    Was due to the style of clamp supplied... The T type clamp would foul on the box.. either change to worm type or do what I did (Sunday avo - supercheap etc closed) and take to it with a dremel.

Other than that, more than happy with it. Its an awesome package.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

14. Default

Not sure why it doesn't fit properly. Dazza, would it fit with the SURE aeros? cuz yours is SURE 3 aeros, is it any different?

The position of the pod is slightly different I believe, it might sit down towards the front of the car more but I couldn't say 100%. I think you could make it fit anyway, might just need to cut something..

not sure if its just a tight fit for the 6 but i tried intalling the air box into my 3 but it doesnt sit right..the black blastic screw that goes into the top right of the box and connects to the car isnt in line so i just zip tied it down for now.
    The actual pod as well sits weird as well...like its not inline with the hole in the box.
    Are the air boxes for the 3 different to the 6 or are they the same.

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    not sure if its just a tight fit for the 6 but i tried intalling the air box into my 3 but it doesnt sit right..the black blastic screw that goes into the top right of the box and connects to the car isnt in line so i just zip tied it down for now.
    The actual pod as well sits weird as well...like its not inline with the hole in the box.
    Are the air boxes for the 3 different to the 6 or are they the same.
    Would you mind sending me some photos? It could be a simple fix - Tyler at CorkSport.com

Hey tyler. No problem. Ill send over a few shots when i get a chance of it how it's installed atm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123