User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imported Tyres -who can we trust to fit, balance and align?

Default Imported Tyres -who can we trust to fit, balance and align?

Hi All,

Are there any recommendations for who can fit, balance and align at a good price in Vic South East?

I'm looking at importing some rubber from TireRack soon.

Thanks,
    Tim.

I'm interested too
    I used to go to TyrePower on Blackburn road for nearly 12 years

After buying my Pirellis from them they couldn't align my wheels correctly an let me down. The dealership ended fixing their errors

Peter "SLIXX"

Hi Slixx, do you need a set now or just interested for future needs?

I've got 2 sets I need soonish, one for the wife's car and one for the BMW so I can sell it.. if they get those right I'll trust them with the MPS

T.

I'm probably gonna need a set of 4 in about 3-4months

Have been emailing Alex from tire rack so I'll be ordering after July probably

Peter "SLIXX"

Ok cool. What sort of prices are they quoting for delivery to Vic?

keep in mind they'll charge you to strip your current tyres, charge an environmental disposal charge, and then charge to fit and balance your new tyres - and although you probably already expect that, I got caught out when i bought tyres off ebay and it cost me nearly $100 to get them on the rims!! burnt!!

so just factor that into your purchase prices.

Thanks SMOKEY - I had budgeted;

$20 per corner to fit
    $75 balance & align

Have I over-cooked that??

that should be fine...depending on how much they charge for an alignment - my place charges $30.

Pete,

Did you have any issues with telling them to ship to Australia? or is it the Michelins that tirerack no longer ship to Australia?

I believe it is just Michelins
    I'm getting the same as Ive got now Pirelli PZero Rosso

Alex said that he still could do Michelins, but you will need a drop shipper. They offer free shipping in the US, so the drop shipper would have to provide a quote for shipping

Even with the greenback, shipping, fitting and alignment, I'm saving over $550

Peter "SLIXX"

Tempe tyres strip, fit and balance 4 tyres for $60. I get my mechanic to do wheel alignments for me.

On that note - Tempe do very good prices on Pirelli - I sold a set of bare wheels to a guy who had new 19" Pirelli rubber delivered for under $700 - I swore they must have been fake but I saw them with my own eyes and they looked legit.

Hi All,

Tyrerack quoted $941.39 tyres only delivered (I assume that's USD..close enough) for the wifes car - 225/45/R17 Pzero Rosso, BJ's at fountain gate quoted $1100 fitted, balanced and aligned... hardly worth the import thus far..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    Hi All,

Tyrerack quoted $941.39 tyres only delivered (I assume that's USD..close enough) for the wifes car - 225/45/R17 Pzero Rosso, BJ's at fountain gate quoted $1100 fitted, balanced and aligned... hardly worth the import thus far..

Cheers
    Good price
    Wonder how much for the 225/40/18 sizing
    Just got my first Aus quote tonite
    AU$580.00 each

Don't think Australians know the mening of buying Tyres online to save money. What a rip off!!! Tirerack looking better and better they want $1080.00 delivered

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

That beggars belief - we get reamed as consumers in australia.

And to send something THAT bulky too.....and it is still cheaper.

Almost makes me want to go wear mine down so I can get on this before they slam the door completely.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    That beggars belief - we get reamed as consumers in australia.

And to send something THAT bulky too.....and it is still cheaper.

Almost makes me want to go wear mine down so I can get on this before they slam the door completely.
    Another quote this time from Bob Jane... What a deal....NOT!!
    Still gonna get them from tirerack. Saving over AU$100.00 per tyre

Pirelli PZero Rosso. We have this available in your size 225/40/18r. These tyres normally retail at $419.00, however we are able to provide them to you at the special online price of $390.00 each which includes fitting, standard wheel balance, tubeless valves and tyre disposal.

This may also be of interest to you - we also have the Michelin Pilot Sport 2 in your size that usually retails for $579.00. We can offer them to you at the special online price of $465.00 each which includes fitting, standard wheel balance, tubeless valves and tyre disposal.

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

I had a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's just put on by TyrePlus in Surrey Hills (411 Canterbury Rd)

I didn't shop around too much because I frankly didn't have the time, but I'm not unhappy with the $249 per tyre I paid, inc fitting/balancing

I also had a wheel alignment done - $55

Because I swapped rims too I had them take the old rubber off the OEM wheels and dispose of those before boxing up the rims to give back to me - $8 tyre disposal

Overall experience was they were a little slow with the install (they were short staffed apparently), however when I asked that they be very careful with the rims, they were. I was watching them the whole time like a hawk and I was very pleased with the way they treated my car + wheels + tyres at all stages

If you call them, speak with Sandy. She's a little difficult to understand over the phone, but she's pretty good to deal with.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I had a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's just put on by TyrePlus in Surrey Hills (411 Canterbury Rd)

I didn't shop around too much because I frankly didn't have the time, but I'm not unhappy with the $249 per tyre I paid, inc fitting/balancing

I also had a wheel alignment done - $55

Because I swapped rims too I had them take the old rubber off the OEM wheels and dispose of those before boxing up the rims to give back to me - $8 tyre disposal

Overall experience was they were a little slow with the install (they were short staffed apparently), however when I asked that they be very careful with the rims, they were. I was watching them the whole time like a hawk and I was very pleased with the way they treated my car + wheels + tyres at all stages

If you call them, speak with Sandy. She's a little difficult to understand over the phone, but she's pretty good to deal with.
    Hmm not sure if they sell Pirelli. Will email them and see

Thanks Dan

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Yeah not sure mate. I don't think so.

Was more thinking if people bought a set of tyres from elsewhere and needed somewhere that took reasonable care to fit them

Fair enough
    I might hit them up once I import mine in from the US

Peter "SLIXX"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast