User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MPS 6 first mod - undecided/torn

So...do you love the set up? Any change in behavior of the car? Temps? Spikes? CEL's?

i love it so far, i love the sound of it, much nicer than dead silence :P no check engine lights or high temperatures to report, no real issues at all really, the first startup with it on just needed a few revs on the gas to get it going so the ECU could adjust, but since then it's been perfect, i can't say i've noticed any power gains, it doesn't feel more powerful, at least not much more power as i think i hoped for, but it does feel like there's a fair bit more torque, which is definitely noticeable when changing gears at high revs, i think i just need to get it tuned to get the full potential out of it, so once that's done, it should be much better, next thing on the list aside from tinted windows (getting ready for summer, lol) is a turbo back exhaust, there's a few places down here in southern Adelaide who should be able to help me out with all that, i'll kill two birds with one stone, i have time off work for the entire month of October and a few days before and after, so should be plenty of time to get it done as long a i have the money then i guess there'll be things like engine and diff mounts and fuel pumps that need upgrading that i'll try and get around to as well...

i want the exhaust first cause my neighbour's an asshole who hates noise and will do whatever he can to make anyone shut up, yet makes so much of it himself and won't let anyone tell him no... he's gotten the local council involved because my 16 year old dog barks a few times an hour because noone's home so she can't be inside or she'll pee everywhere, it's only one day of the week too and it's a problem he's created because he always chucked rocks at the fence to shut the dogs up when they barked years ago... anyways, because he's an asshole, i want the exhaust, not just for the power gains, but to annoy the absolute f**k out of him, i'll make sure everything's legal down to the noise level in dB so he can't touch me and cause my roster at work is changing to start work at 7 am on weekdays and 5 am on saturday's, he'll be waking up to a lovely window shaking exhaust every morning, 5 days a week... i'm sure he'll be looking forward to sleep ins on saturday when i leave for work at 4 am might even reverse the car in the driveway to point the exhaust at his house on friday nights :P he can't touch my car or damage it in any way without me finding out about it, i have CCTV cameras overlooking my front yard that i put there specifically to make sure noone touches my car without me knowing who did it, so if he touches it, i'll know about it :P if i'm gonna be an asshole to an asshole, i'm gonna do it legally, haha :P
    Last edited by Baz; 17-08-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    i love it so far, i love the sound of it, much nicer than dead silence :P no check engine lights or high temperatures to report, no real issues at all really, the first startup with it on just needed a few revs on the gas to get it going so the ECU could adjust, but since then it's been perfect, i can't say i've noticed any power gains, it doesn't feel more powerful, at least not much more power as i think i hoped for, but it does feel like there's a fair bit more torque, which is definitely noticeable when changing gears at high revs, i think i just need to get it tuned to get the full potential out of it, so once that's done, it should be much better, next thing on the list aside from tinted windows (getting ready for summer, lol) is a turbo back exhaust, there's a few places down here in southern Adelaide who should be able to help me out with all that, i'll kill two birds with one stone, i have time off work for the entire month of October and a few days before and after, so should be plenty of time to get it done as long a i have the money then i guess there'll be things like engine and diff mounts and fuel pumps that need upgrading that i'll try and get around to as well...

i want the exhaust first cause my neighbour's an asshole who hates noise and will do whatever he can to make anyone shut up, yet makes so much of it himself and won't let anyone tell him no... he's gotten the local council involved because my 16 year old dog barks a few times an hour because noone's home so she can't be inside or she'll pee everywhere, it's only one day of the week too and it's a problem he's created because he always chucked rocks at the fence to shut the dogs up when they barked years ago... anyways, because he's an asshole, i want the exhaust, not just for the power gains, but to annoy the absolute f**k out of him, i'll make sure everything's legal down to the noise level in dB so he can't touch me and cause my roster at work is changing to start work at 7 am on weekdays and 5 am on saturday's, he'll be waking up to a lovely window shaking exhaust every morning, 5 days a week... i'm sure he'll be looking forward to sleep ins on saturday when i leave for work at 4 am might even reverse the car in the driveway to point the exhaust at his house on friday nights :P he can't touch my car or damage it in any way without me finding out about it, i have CCTV cameras overlooking my front yard that i put there specifically to make sure noone touches my car without me knowing who did it, so if he touches it, i'll know about it :P if i'm gonna be an asshole to an asshole, i'm gonna do it legally, haha :P
    Buy an rx3 race car. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using crapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Or get a varex exhaust!

Loud when you want to annoy people/go for a blast...... then quieter when you want to go for a sedate drive/have the db measured!

haha, loud on a cold start up would be awesome, MZSPD6 has an exhaust that makes your voice go funny when you talk on start up, haha, i'm sure that'd be fantastic to wake up to at 4 am on a staurday :P but we'll see what happens and what i can afford i suppose, but definitely gonna annoy the crap out of him, lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234