User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MPS 6 first mod - undecided/torn

try sending them an email, or PM'ing @corksportgwynne or @TylerAtCorkSport

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    Get cobb AP for that because our ecus run more then just a boost cut theres the torque limiting in first and 2nd to
    i've been thinking about getting one of these too, they seem like a pretty hand bit of tech... is it user friendly for people new to tuning? worth the $600-$700?

i've sent them an e-mail aout shipping too, mentioned i was from this site, we'll see what happens

Purchase through Edge or hpfpupgrade (hpfpupgrade is about $525USD for the AP shipped from U.S). I received mine in around a week.
    It is very user friendly and easy to tune - run OTS (off the shelf) maps that are pre-configured to your mods, or you can also do an e-tune (tune over the net with a professional tuner). Worth it? Depends on what mods you run I guess, it is nice to release the boost/torque restriction in the first few gears though. You will get slightly better mpg and I noticed the car runs alot smoother in general.
    PM View Profile: hpfpupgrade - OzMPSclub - Australia's fastest growing Mazda MPS forum

Last edited by dazza; 18-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

sounds like it would be worth the bit of extra cash in the near future, i've just booked a holiday to the gold coast, so, gotta pay for that, i wanna get the intercooler first before any other mods and we'll see what money i have left over, haha :P

a word of advice start to look at mounts all of them the stockers in the six are a horrible/useless bit of kit

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

before your power increases too much the drivers side mount is the biggest cause of engine rock

yeah, i've already had a problem with my diff... two bolts sheared off somehow... luckily it was still under warranty when it happened, i'll get onto some better mounts soon if i can, thanks for the advice

AWR racing engine mount kit - check out the info in the group buy about how to order these with minimum postage cost>> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/group...ont-mount.html
    Turbine tech forward rear diff brace - Products | Turbine Tech
    Sure rear diff brace - Dreadnaught

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

a lot of cash but you wont believe its the same car, my car went from boring me to scaring the sh** outta me again just from the awr mount kit (i already had the diff mounts done) and its still catching me off guard on the off occasion
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

what exactly do the diff mounts do to make such a big difference to the car? i get that they're stronger so they don't break as easily, if at all, but i don't see how they make a difference performance wise? (sorry if this sounds n00bish) though for the price it seems pretty good, MPS garage has one diff mount for $500... both of those mounts are less than $500 for both, looks like i have a bit of shopping to do, haha... still no word from the Corksport site either about that intercooler, have PM'd TylerAtCorkSport though, so, hopefully i hear from him soon

MPS garage = Price overkill, buy from oversea's you'll save a bucket load
    i have the cp-e unit in mine and its the only thing that i have off cp-e that hasn't broken yet but it is the strongest brace out there and when coupled with the turbine tech diff mount you have the toughest setup you can get off the shelf for our cars, sure aint far behind tho, as for what they do is make it so your diff cant twist under acceleration which mean's the power that is going to the rear end goes straight to the ground instead of attempting to bust the whole rear diff out of it's mounts by twisting it, if you could get a video of what is happening to your diff at hard gear changes you'd be horrified, imagine a seal pup getting shackled like a rag doll in the mouth of a killer whale that's what's happening to your diff each time you feel a shudder on throttle lift off, gear change down or up, take off
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

i kinda got that, seems like MPS Garage just buys from overseas and sells for the part + shipping + 10-15%... only advantage is you get the part faster i suppose, lol

sounds like those mounts are worth the purchase... i'll try and get them around the same time as the intercooler and do it all at once... i'm gonna upgrade the BOV too while i'm at it,... i guess this might be a bit pricey, haha, but i guess it's just money i'd end up spending on the same parts anyway, lol

I'm out of the office for a few days, but when I'm back I'll be able to get back to you on everything.

-Tyler

that would be awesome, thanks i have Gwynne helping out too, she got back to me yesterday saying shipping was around $360, which was actually less than i expected and still $400 cheaper than buying from MPS garage, which means i can get the HKS blow off valve that i've been debating getting with the kit too for around the same price as just the FMIC kit from MPS garage, so that'd be pretty awesome if we can sort out getting a kit shipped over

be careful of sequential bov's as they cause fluttering and in 6th or 5th gear the fluttering turns into a huge car shaking, engine rocking bull ride due to the AWD much better with the mounts in but it still does it, my turbosmart 50/50 bov flutters and does this

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    i kinda got that, seems like MPS Garage just buys from overseas and sells for the part + shipping + 10-15%... only advantage is you get the part faster i suppose, lol
    Actually it's slower lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    be careful of sequential bov's as they cause fluttering and in 6th or 5th gear the fluttering turns into a huge car shaking, engine rocking bull ride due to the AWD much better with the mounts in but it still does it, my turbosmart 50/50 bov flutters and does this
    i don't know a heck of alot about turbo cars to really know what to get, like, is there a huge difference between a recirculation and a vent to atmosphere set up? from what i can gather, the VTA setup just makes a better noise... the HKS looks good and sounds good and i've read some good reviews on it... unless there's a much better BOV option that i've overlooked? i'm open for suggestions

Baz,

The cars are looking for that air to be recirculated. Unless you are going to run a tune specifically for VTA, I'd suggest going recirc. That's what the car expects. I like to make cars get what they want. haha.

-Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    i don't know a heck of alot about turbo cars to really know what to get, like, is there a huge difference between a recirculation and a vent to atmosphere set up? from what i can gather, the VTA setup just makes a better noise... the HKS looks good and sounds good and i've read some good reviews on it... unless there's a much better BOV option that i've overlooked? i'm open for suggestions
    As above.. I don't know how loud you want it but full VTA is very loud. I run a forge bpv v2 and it sounds like a vta bov to me, when it goes off people turn around to look so its loud enough plus its full recirc.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

i don't really care how loud it is, though i suppose i wouldn't want it ear piercingly loud, but a nice audible "whoosh" would be nice, it's so hard to hear anything on the stock set up, i can barely make out the turbo spooling, though i do like my music a bit loud, haha :P though some videos of the HKS have a really loud "pinging" noise in VTA as opposed to a "whoosh" so i'd probably get annoyed at it very quickly in VTA mode...

anywho, updates! i got in contact with Gwynne from Corksport USA, she wondered why i didn't order from MPS Garage and i explained the huge price difference, so she got in contact with MPS Garage for me to see if they could cut me a good deal and if i didn't like it i could just order from Corksport, so, the next day (this morning) Daniel from MPS Garage got in contact with me, offered me the same FMIC kit for just a little over what it would have cost for me to get Corksport to send me one and because they didn't have any HKS adapter plates/pipes in stock, he offered me the Tial QR BOV at part cost (a good $150+ off the website price and made it only slightly more expensive than the HKS) he also offered the Turbosmart Dual Port BOV at the same price as the HKS, i asked for his own opinion as to which was better and he said the Tial was like "the Rolls Royce of BOVs" and it comes with everything to keep the recirculation mode, so, should be a nice bit of kit once it arrives

all in all, i got the kit and the blow off valve for about the same as what they were selling just the kit for (including shipping) so i'm pretty happy with that, i only did the transfer today, so the only test now is to see how long it takes them to ship it out to me, he said they were all in stock, so i'd expect late next week or around tuesday week at the latest, we'll see how it goes

huge props to Corksport and MPS Garage for helping me get a good deal! can't wait to have my goodies!

just letting you guys know that the package was sent out on monday and i received it today (friday the same week) can't wait to get it on and running, not sure when i'll get around to it, haha

Congrats on the new kit Baz!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast