User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GB - IPOD or MP3/USB Link

I think i have mounting sussed too - sticky backed velco the unit to the backside of the glovebox (out of sight) and then run the cable under the ciggy lighter, along past the gearstick and into the drinkks holder - there is a small "crevass" which should let the cable in. It would also be possible to tape the interface unit under the gear stick in that area somewhere. First I suggest getting used to the unit.

I dont think any of us got screws to hold it in, so far mine hasnt come out - an application of electrical tape will hold it there, but I dont think its necessary.

Now, I'm not an ipod legend, only bought mine this afternoon. Howeverf if you download Itunes, from apple.com/ipod/start this will allow you to sync music to your ipod.

you can put on albums, singles tracks and then build playlists of your own choice, the mazda will support a number of playlists (vague as I havnt tried how many yet, its either 5 or 99!), playlist canbe driving music, gym music, yoga music - whatever you want to group together.

Buttons:

Steering wheel - up/down track, volume and mode. same as before.
    Headunit - disc up/down = playlist up/down (when set up on the ipod)
    Random = random
    Repeat toggles between the ipod and connected bluetooth phone.
    When listening to the ipod and the phone rings hit "REPEAT" to answer, it pauses the ipod and answered the phone. REPEAT to hang up. Press FM to bounce the call!!

BB - you have the bluetooth unit even though you dont have a bluetooth phone, so the ones you need to worry about are disc up/down, track up/down and random.

I'll be testing my new IPOD on monday...I'm gonna feel so GEN Y!!!
    Faster than swallowtails Passat...and it has a letterbox

2. Default

Thanks, Ive now downloaded I tunes copied some CDs in and created a playlist and synched to ipod with 109 songs in it and appears to be working fine will look at velcroing and taping next weekend

On fire BB. On fire

4. Default

Heres a few pics if there is anyone else who is retarded as me out there wondering how to do anything

Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Bluetooth ones have all sold out. I have 6 non bluetooth and 5 USB ones left. Next lot of Bluetooth are 4 weeks away. I'll start a new GB thread for them

Blog Entries

I might be interested in getting a Non-Bluetooth iPod one...lemme just see if I can sort some funds out.

could you please give me the instructions on getting out the headunit on the 3 mps.
    its a 2008.5 model if it makes any difference.
    thanks
    steve

Blog Entries

Sydneysteve I will shoot you a PM on how to do it

thanks mate

i'll put destructions in the package mate...even better...i'll posta how to in the aptly named "how to" section

Righto...a few USB and a few non-bluetooth ipod ones left....

If anyone is interested I have the following left over:

5 x SD card/USB MP3
    1 x Ipod Bluetooth
    1 x Ipod non bluetooth.

Prices stand firm for members, they're on Ebay at a bit more....first come first served!

i have a question,
    im getting some interferance type noise when the music reaches a quiet point, it is very annoying, is there a reason for this. did i do something wrong? anyone else getting this.
    plz let me know what to do.
    thanks
    steve

are these still available?

i woulnt mind this Blue tooth Ipod one...

will this work with my Bose MP3 6cd HU that already has a Aux in?

Hey Steve - I've heard of the Iphone doing this - what are you using IPOD or Iphone for music? If its Iphone I am under the impression its to do with the iphone's "phone" causing interference with the music

Ante - all goooooooooooone until the middle of July - you will need to remove the plug for the 3.5mm input thats in your glove box. Can you tell me more about your setup/needs for the aux input?

im using a i pod touch and whenever the song goes quiet i get all this noise, it drives me mad.
    any advice???????
    thanks

Mate I dont know....honestly...it sounds like interferance - the kind you get with an amp or computer in the car, you could look into a noise filter, but i'm not sure where to fit it?

Otherwise, I have no idea

Jim

Blog Entries

Got mine...installed...tested iPod and Bluetooth...works like a gem!!

tbh all i want is blue tooth for hands free

Blog Entries

Not sure if this is what you need, but you can get inline 3.5mm filter on ebay for ubder $10 from memory...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast