User Tag List

Thread: Drivers side axle Center/support/carrier bearing... what ever its called!!

1. Default Drivers side axle Center/support/carrier bearing... what ever its called!!

Well after a few different mechanics, i took my car to fulcrum and they have finally worked out where my vibration is coming from. My center/support/carrier bearing on the drivers side drive axle has failed. Its allowing the drive shaft to vibrate which is DRIVING ME NUTS!!
    So the boys at fulcrum made a few calls for me and could not seem to find any parts except for genuine mazda... $1500 just for the drivers side axle and support bearing and thats before the cost of install... yeah thanks for that mazda!!

I though i would turn to you guys as you have all been super helpful so far, So my question is, Does anyone know where i might find an aftermarket one? i have found an aftermarket axle from RockAuto in the states, but they dont carry the support bearing ( axle intermediate shaft bearing, as they call it) So anyone know where i should look?

Ouch. No idea on where you could get a replacement, haven't heard of them failing before.. Any chance you can get pictures of the failed one once its replaced?

3. Default

yeah once i find a replacement i will snap pics of the faulty bit.

i may have found a bit, the wreckers in the brissy area are on the hunt for me