User Tag List

Thread: Engine mount help!

Default Engine mount help!

Hi Guys,

My drivers side engine mount has collapsed and makes this annoying, metallic clanging noise when on idle. I need to get this fixed as my car is for sale but Mazda want nearly $400 just for the part. I have had a look on ebay and there seems to be heaps for under $100 but I just don't know if its the right one for my car. I need help

My MPS is 2006 sports model. Can someone please help me find one? I don't care if it's second hand.

Thanks,

Rachel
    12.9@108mph with stock turbo & street tyres bitches :P

I LOVE HATERS - They Keep Me Motivated

$400 is alot especially for a Mazda OEM mount, have a look here Mazdaspeed 3 - 2007-2009 Gen1 - Engine - Motor Mounts - EdgeAutosport.com

Thats the aftermarket motor mounts, since your selling it it would be fair enough to only get one and probably get the softest setting duro. Not sure if anyone on here that has changed there stock ones for aftermarkets have bother to sell any so there might be some lying around there garages.

James

I might be on the look-out for a side mount also for my 6. Makes noise on cold starts

I had the same issue, cold start clunks when engine rocks.
    Replaced with AWR side engine mounts. A lot stiffer but quite a lot of NVS aswell

5. Default

$400 is a rip-off, I got quoted $260 from a nearby Mazda dealer and got mine for $165 posted because I knew someone. This is in WA btw. Maybe just try shop around from other dealers.

The Driver's Side mount is the oil filled one, that's why it will cost you a little bit more.... I still wouldn't pay Mazda prices though. My brother-in-law said he got really good prices from Eager's Mazda over at Eagle Farm though. Try giving them a call and see what they charge?

I can confirm the following fits http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290749042724. Will be replacing with AWR mounts soon though if anyone needs a second hand OEM (less than 1000kms)
    Last edited by dazza; 31-07-2012 at 02:47 PM.

8. Default

OMG that is really cheap! and it does look exactly the same as mine.

9. Default

& ppl say our prices are high, the MPS 3 Retails at $312.99 & the MPS 6 $250.99
    There's a number of cheap copies you can find on ebay tho.

OEM can be found here:
    2008 MAZDA Mazda3 Parts - Online Mazda Parts
    US $220 + shipping for side mount

Thank for all the imfo you blokes $250+ wow