User Tag List

Thread: Advice on EBCS and EWG vacuum/ boost line help!

Default Advice on EBCS and EWG vacuum/ boost line help!

Hey guys

I'm trying to work out which is the correct way to connect my perrin EBCS to my Tial EWG. The Perrin site and grimspeed site say two different things completely ... I've attached the pics below :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339193115.156070.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	11228

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339193138.022724.jpg 
Views:	729 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	11229

It looks like the Perrin diagram is in 2 port interrupt mode and the grimspeed diagram is in 3 port, I don't know what to believe
    Last edited by Rayd; 09-06-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Hey mate.

I did a bit of search for you, and the brains trust on MSF recommend the setup below.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha.../asmint720.pdf

Dont worry about it being a Perrin EBC, just follow the layout of the ports and connection points in the EWG section of that manual, but adapt to the EBC you are using.

Apparently that is the best case setup.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Hey mate.

I did a bit of search for you, and the brains trust on MSF recommend the setup below.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha.../asmint720.pdf

Dont worry about it being a Perrin EBC, just follow the layout of the ports and connection points in the EWG section of that manual, but adapt to the EBC you are using.

Apparently that is the best case setup.
    Thanks for the help mate, that looks the be the same setup as the Perrin image
    I found.
    What thread did you read this in? Wouldnt mind having a read of there thoughts on using this interrupt mode setup.

You also need to consider the EWG spring rating vs your desired boost level.
    Using the first diagram method i have found is best when you have an EWG spring close to your desired boost level.
    The second method is good for underrated spring pressure. Using the top port allows you to keep the EWG closed until the boost limit is reached.

Quote Originally Posted by yodo View Post
    You also need to consider the EWG spring rating vs your desired boost level.
    Using the first diagram method i have found is best when you have an EWG spring close to your desired boost level.
    The second method is good for underrated spring pressure. Using the top port allows you to keep the EWG closed until the boost limit is reached.
    That's what I was thinking...
    My spring rating is 13.5 PSI
    desired boost pressure 25-26PSI

so I'm guessing I should use bleed mode I.e 3 port mode?

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/wp-cont...psi-MAY-12.pdf

I have the Method 2 single turbo setup for my Pulsar ET. Car was more responsive