User Tag List

Thread: Idea time...

1. Default Idea time...

This is the place for us to talk about your ideas for the MPS/Speed.

What product(s) would you like to see?

Traction bars?
    Fuel chiller?
    LTAIC kit (one that is affordable)?

Post up with a part or service you would like to see, we will talk about it, make it perfect, then check on getting a unit made for a test car to do some "testing".

Hit me up with any idea you have, so matter how small or large... we can put something together and see how it performs.

Thanks,

John

2. Default

Let me hear those ideas?

Here are few of the items I have come up with in the past.

Kicker Mount

PT-Performance.com

PCV fix

PT-Performance.com

CCEV system (blowing out your dipstick tube... we have a solution for you)

PT-Performance.com

I am sure some of you have ideas you would like to see... let me hear them and we will work on getting someone to look at the possibility of making your idea come to reality.

Thanks,

John

Performance only or suspension related etc?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Performance only or suspension related etc?
    I am open to any and all ideas.

Thanks,

John

-ram air/ intercooler kit for gen 2
    - front and rear strut bars
    - airbox for pod filters
    - oil catch can

a unbent brake peddle for people with bigger feet i almost press it with the side of my shoe and thats with my foot snugged up against the side of the foot well

Quote Originally Posted by JapCrap View Post
    -ram air/ intercooler kit for gen 2
    - front and rear strut bars
    - airbox for pod filters
    - oil catch can
    This all exists already.

I'd be keen to see;
    -kick brace like your ms3 one, for the 6
    -ms6 fender braces
    -

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    MPS6

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    This all exists already.
    Yeh I know they all exists already. He wanted ideas.

Sent From A Galaxy2. IPhone Sucks. Using Tapatalk2

Quote Originally Posted by JapCrap View Post
    Yeh I know they all exists already. He wanted ideas.

Sent From A Galaxy2. IPhone Sucks. Using Tapatalk2
    new ones preferably i think

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I want an skeleton type alum radiator surround for the 6 you'd save some weight there also would allow room for fmic piping to go a different way down past the radiator which means less piping = less lag, i think 2.5" pipe will fit past either side of the radiator
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

What about a different rotation to the ,always breaking, 3 MPS REM?
    More like a 6 MPS REM, this way you can have a stiff/solid mount, with less vibes and less likely to break.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    What about a different rotation to the ,always breaking, 3 MPS REM?
    More like a 6 MPS REM, this way you can have a stiff/solid mount, with less vibes and less likely to break.
    Cpe did that with the stage 2 mate.

As for ideas...adjustable front suspension control arm.
    Last edited by RadiantKnackers; 19-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

I previously went on a water to air intercooler bender! sizing cores, emailing workshops and so on. Not overly happy with the lack of choices on FMIC for the 6 or mods to make them fit. I would love to see this become an option, a nice neat and tidy LTA that fits in stock location and even fit under factory engine cover thats suitable of 400+hp.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    I previously went on a water to air intercooler bender! sizing cores, emailing workshops and so on. Not overly happy with the lack of choices on FMIC for the 6 or mods to make them fit. I would love to see this become an option, a nice neat and tidy LTA that fits in stock location and even fit under factory engine cover thats suitable of 400+hp.
    Second that..
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

I want an skeleton type alum radiator surround for the 6 you'd save some weight there also would allow room for fmic piping to go a different way down past the radiator which means less piping = less lag, i think 2.5" pipe will fit past either side of the radiator
    Seconded. When I have the cash spare I desperately want to FMIC my 6, but the options I've seen out and around the place do not fill me with inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Seconded. When I have the cash spare I desperately want to FMIC my 6, but the options I've seen out and around the place do not fill me with inspiration.
    It's not hard to make your own FMIC kit. Just buy a core and a universal piping kit off ebay. Thats what i did.

If you have an SRI you can fit 2.5" piping to a FMIC without having to relocate, cut or drill any part of the car.... well i did have to snap off one useless unseen plastic tab

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    It's not hard to make your own FMIC kit. Just buy a core and a universal piping kit off ebay. Thats what i did.

If you have an SRI you can fit 2.5" piping to a FMIC without having to relocate, cut or drill any part of the car.... well i did have to snap off one useless unseen plastic tab
    Have I got a link said universal piping eBay kit? And if it's universal, how did u get it to fit your 6 so well?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post

I have the HDI GT2 pro fmic on my 6 and the piping is pretty long with my idea it should cut out 1 - 1.5m of piping out of it also it would be easier to just buy a length of pipe and get it bent up specifically for the car
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Have I got a link said universal piping eBay kit? And if it's universal, how did u get it to fit your 6 so well?
    Here is the kit i bought 2.5" Aluminium Intercooler Piping Kit Civic S2000 RSX | eBay

I got an intercooler off a guy on gumtree for $150. It was part of a kit for a S15 200sx. Maybe i'll take some pics on the weekend and make a new thread.

Getting back on topic.I'm all for an adjustable control arm or something that gives me adjustment for front camber angle that isn't an adjustable ball joint
    Last edited by Toddy22587; 21-06-2012 at 11:41 AM.

19. Default

OK guys, lots of suspension stuff. Let me look into what our options are and we will take it from there.

Thanks, for all the ideas... keep them coming.