User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smoking Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Ahh ok standard size is 2", so do you run a reducer to the turbo or just a 3" connector?

I got a 2XS one which i believe is 2.5" cause im running a small reducer to the stock KO4
    It may be a 2.5" ill have to check it out when i get home havnt looked since turbo went on, im pretty sure there is no reducer on it
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

Default Re: Smoking Turbo

Inlet to compressor housing is 2.5" (same as stock) the outlet is 2"

Does the BNR stage 2.5 kit from mps garage come with all the needed intake upgrades as well as turbo install parts or will I need to buy some other parts to install the turbo?? I currently have a corksport stage 2 power series short ram intake that I will have installed and a CP-e turbo manifold with CP-e dump pipe and custom 3" cat back system installed as well.

unfortunately my 07 6mps has the same smoking problem but I am not real up on turbo engines yet.

also the nearest place to where I live in wa to get a tune is 6 hours away. Is it ok to install the turbo and then drive that distance to tune my mps or will I need it installed and dyno the mps at the same place, same time. I would rather not have a blown engine. Lol

Default Re: Smoking Turbo

Read the thread instead of asking questions that have already been answered

And if you stay off boost should be fine

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thanks and i have read the thread. was just trying to clarify so i was sure. i hadnt read anything about anyone else having a short ram intake installed so was making sure that i order all the correct parts all at once. where i am it takes at least a week to get anything ordered from anywhere.

i have no idea what a stage 2.5 is... it's something MPSG has thought up, as BNR only offers a stage 1 and stage 3
    the intake to the compressor is stock sized, so a TIP that bolts up to stock turbo will work fine
    2 concerns are your lack of fuel pump upgrade and lack of intercooler upgrade, the exhaust mani seems like an awful amount of money to have dropped for what was at the time a stock turbo

a stage 3 requires some fabrication work, either water or oil lines, it's somewhere in this thread...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

btw: BNR Supercars - Bryan Nickell's Rotary Supercars - Mazdaspeed3/Mazdaspeed6/CX7
    the stage 2.5 is a stage 3 turbo... why it's named otherwise, i cant explain
    much cheaper to go straight to BNR: bnrsupercars.com

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    btw: BNR Supercars - Bryan Nickell's Rotary Supercars - Mazdaspeed3/Mazdaspeed6/CX7
    the stage 2.5 is a stage 3 turbo... why it's named otherwise, i cant explain
    much cheaper to go straight to BNR: bnrsupercars.com
    Yes it is a Stage 3 not 100% sure why they have it as a 2.5. I got mine from MPSG as stock turbo is needed to send back and warranty is easier here than the states.

There is fab work needed and if you arent installing yourself expect a days labour on top of the price. Especially if they have not installed a turbo on an MPS before.
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

No worries. Thanks for the info.

hahaha so true!! no performance joint in WA know about these cars!! wish i lived in NSW haha everyone has one by the sounds of it, I'm a rare MPS owner in WA!!

Yeh there are 2 of us at least. But I agree mechanics over here have no idea about mazda mods and what to and what not to install and what parts required (thus my questions and I thank you for your help). That and tuning is near impossible (except rpw that I know of)

Quote Originally Posted by dropbear View Post
    Yeh there are 2 of us at least. But I agree mechanics over here have no idea about mazda mods and what to and what not to install and what parts required (thus my questions and I thank you for your help). That and tuning is near impossible (except rpw that I know of)
    Get Cobb AP and get Stratified to tune, just need a flat road with no police . You just send your logs to them and they send a tune back and repeat until they are happy.

Aw ok. That's a great idea. Thanks

Stickied

15. Default

Had the exact problem, got my turbo rebuilt as it's still under mechanical warranty, it drives fine now, no smokes at all

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234