User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoking Turbo

My smoke was heaps less than this :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    here is the vid, not sure why it went retarded

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I*thought if it was the seals it would smoke all the time onboost etc not just at idle?
    No.. that's why I was asking if its happening at idle lol

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

yes it is at idle lol cruising is fine as far as a can tell. I just thought if it was the seals it would do it all the time?

Dejavu?
    No. If it smokes at idle and stops with revs its seals. Not completely typical with other makes and models however this is the reoccurring issue's symptoms on our cars.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

PS the sound is do bad in the movie lol

someone posted this up a few days ago... hope it helps
    PT-Performance.com

Looks like mine one could have been fixed by $25 in the state ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Dejavu?
    No. If it smokes at idle and stops with revs its seals. Not completely typical with other makes and models however this is the reoccurring issue's symptoms on our cars.

lol a bit huh, cool thanks was just getting confused because my mechanic couldnt find any oil in the turbo at all. thanks for the help.

PS i know, not sure why it sounds so crappy lol, the exhaust does his the inner chrome seal thingy at the back so it rattles a bit, havnt bothered about fixing that yet
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    someone posted this up a few days ago... hope it helps
    PT-Performance.com
    It wont permanently fix the issue, ive tried.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I've also tried a similar breather pill and also a banjo bolt restrictor with no success

11. Default

Can't see your mods because I'm using tapatalk. I've read the PCV fix will help maybe also bnoon bolt. The other thing ive read is to try raising idle rpm. What grade of engine oil are you using? Some oil viscosities are apparently better suited for our engines and less prone to smoking.
    Last edited by newmaz; 19-06-2012 at 06:20 PM.

These things may buy you a little time but at the end of the day the seals are still crap and you need to replace them. Was running full synthetic oil from mazda. Also tried 15w-40 but made no difference

Like the panadol adds, I only experienced temporary relief.. then had to go to the doctor

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    These things may buy you a little time but at the end of the day the seals are still crap and you need to replace them. Was running full synthetic oil from mazda. Also tried 15w-40 but made no difference
    You are correct regarding the seals. Obviously once they're shot then they're shot.

Mine started smoking!

Now the wait on the new turbo starts

What about upping the idle to 900/1000?
    That combined with thicker oil and bnoon bolt or something seems to work for some people, some need to do all 3, some only need 1 fix.
    But yes, it will only 'mask' the problem...
    I think im going to up my idle to 900 once I put my DP in just to tie me over till a new turbo (I dont smoke yet)

what does upping the idle do?

Quote Originally Posted by MPSDAN View Post
    what does upping the idle do?
    hides the smoking issue, and also stops vibes from rear engine mount
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yes, supposably upping the idle slightly increases the idle vacuum pressure (think someone said it goes from 8 to 11psi or something around 1000rpm) so it effectively masks the smoking by pulling oil from the turbo at higher pressure at low rpm (less to seap through the seals).
    Most guys seem to say this in conjunction with the bnoon bolt / thicker oil "stops" the smoking, but it depends if your seals are already stuffed then nothing will really help
    Better fix = gtx2867
    Last edited by dazza; 02-08-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by newmaz View Post
    You are correct regarding the seals. Obviously once they're shot then they're shot.
    yep brass doesnt grow back
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast