User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice plz on noise through intake

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    just had another thought - from my skyline days, the RB25 Neo motors were notorious for sucking the soft rubber intake pipe elbow closed under higher than stock boost levels.

given you're on a stock intake, perhaps this is what is going on?

Either way - i think an upgraded intake would surely benefit your setup - right now you've got Usain Bolt trying to run 100m breathing through a straw!
    Didnt think of that, could be the elbow sucking in the elbow i have is soft! thanks for that...
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

In talks with Daniel MPSG about a corksport SRI and box, it will mean another morning with Jim @ TH for tuning lol. See if it fixes teh problem, if not i will do BPV

Be interesting to see what power the sri +box gets as well.... my mrs is gana love me, does anyone have a spare room? :P

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    In talks with Daniel MPSG about a corksport SRI and box, it will mean another morning with Jim @ TH for tuning lol. See if it fixes teh problem, if not i will do BPV

Be interesting to see what power the sri +box gets as well.... my mrs is gana love me, does anyone have a spare room? :P
    Cheaper going corksport direct. And they are sponsors. PM Gwynne.
    Thought you learnt your lesson...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 15-06-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Be aware that they may direct you back to mpsg as a distributor - they don't like to sell direct - only reason I got it past them was cos mpsg didn't have stock when I ordered.

Be aware that they may direct you back to mpsg as a distributor - they don't like to sell direct - only reason I got it past them was cos mpsg didn't have stock when I ordered.
    Wont be a issue now there forum sponsers ... See what Daniel says, as there local and i can pickup

Its going back to TH for loging wednesday hopefully.

What turbo inlet pipe setup do you have? I'd be poking around there...

I have a Cpe tip, 3' 2xs silcone tube to airbox and standard airbox mod

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Attachment 11287

@2XS 3' tube has to be worth 5kw

Changed out BPV to a forged one wasnt the issue. Have CEL/DTS now pops up everytime at work as soon i go to drive off 2000-2500rpm first gear

Error code interesting one considering i have a fluttering intake!

H02s11 circuit out of range low voltage-

Causes

- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
    - Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
    - Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
    - Inappropriate fuel pressure
    - Faulty fuel injectors
    - Intake air leaks may be faulty
    - Exhaust gas leaks

Checked quickly for air leaks couldnt find any.

Is it possible that the flutter through the intake is caused by the first exhaust sensor as it measures AFRs...

Dis connect the sensor and see if the code changes

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Dis connect the sensor and see if the code changes
    Will try this tomorrow

The DH gives you rough idea but broad possibilities. you need the specific DTC to give you a starting point

OK well i disconnected the O2 sensor, error codes were- H02s Heater control circuit low (bank 1 sensor), 02 sensor circuit no activity detected (bank 1)

I went for a 1hr drive with no cel, it happens with out fail at work 1st gear 2000-2500rpm before warmed up. Later this afternoon i will restart it and see if i can get it.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Car is driving great tho.

Have you got an upgraded fuel pump My Gen 2 started doing this in 4th under heavy load. Surged then leaned out and then surged again. After the data logging I found my pump was dropping under 1400 psi under heavy load and boost. Fixed after I got a CPE HPFP. Logged again and then pulled evenly without the surge. Lowest the pump gets to under heavy load now is 1600 something. Aggressive tune and some MODS will require pump in GEN 2's in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYMPS View Post
    Have you got an upgraded fuel pump My Gen 2 started doing this in 4th under heavy load. Surged then leaned out and then surged again. After the data logging I found my pump was dropping under 1400 psi under heavy load and boost. Fixed after I got a CPE HPFP. Logged again and then pulled evenly without the surge. Lowest the pump gets to under heavy load now is 1600 something. Aggressive tune and some MODS will require pump in GEN 2's in my opinion.
    I have a HPFP, it pops the cel in first gear cold start at 2000-25000rpm right as you go to accelerate. Doesnt do it when the engine is warm, starting to think its a tune problem maybe flutter and this is cuzed by tune. I will book it into tune house his week if there is a spot for me.

Somting wrong wit you car, bro.

Just one of those annoying things with modifying cars - improve one thing, break another.

Gets to a point where you might just have to turn it over to a pro - if nothing else, you'll get a fresh approach.

Only other thing I could suggest is it might be that vent thing you've stuck in your airbox flapping about, disrupting the air flow to the MAF causing a stutter.

Try remove your airbox for a quick run (yes, unfiltered - but for a short test t should be fine).

Somting wrong wit you car, bro.

Just one of those annoying things with modifying cars - improve one thing, break another.

Gets to a point where you might just have to turn it over to a pro - if nothing else, you'll get a fresh approach.

Only other thing I could suggest is it might be that vent thing you've stuck in your airbox flapping about, disrupting the air flow to the MAF causing a stutter.

Try remove your airbox for a quick run (yes, unfiltered - but for a short test t should be fine).
    I will leave it and hand it to TH. You can hear the sound through the exhaust as well
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 25-06-2012 at 11:20 AM.

How'd you go with this RedDjinn?

I too have a 'flutter' / vibration coming through either the intake or exhaust when boost slightly comes on, particularly in 3rd, 4th, 5th gears.
    My set up is completely stock. Stock air box, filter, intake and exhaust except for the race pipe.

Compressor surge

This is to do with the turbo?
    Fixed under warranty?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast