User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on the Cobb AP…?

I tried a 231 Stock map - didnt seem to run too well for my MAF size, but I didnt have a chance to try another revision so flashed back to a 230

JBR Widepath (no honeycomb) MAF multiply 1.66

I'll look at doing a 1.67 to see if that helps - when in 3rd it felt like it was about to stall.

Default Re: Feedback on the Cobb AP…?

If you were using the 3.5" intake, that would be why.... it thinks there is a heap more air coming in than actually is, so your car is running pig rich...

There is no OTS map (that I know of) for the jbr intake...

I use a Stage1 Stock intake map then update the MAF tables in ATR (x1.66) otherwise the car wouldnt run at all.
    I am doing it with the 230 map and it runs fine through all gears. With 231, 3rd felt like it was going to stall.

So with the stock 98 map on a Gen 1 MPS with no mods, what's the Cobb AP actually do?

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    So with the stock 98 map on a Gen 1 MPS with no mods, what's the Cobb AP actually do?
    same as using it with mods, just to a lesser extent

try checking out the stickies in the ECU section for the cobb ap faq thread

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Mine for some strange reason doesn't want to load when I plug it in. Just pops up with the initial 'accessport' screen and won't do anything else.
    Dont suppose anyone has had or heard of this problem?

8. Default

Releases the torque restrictions imposed on the stock map for starters...slightly more boost as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    Mine for some strange reason doesn't want to load when I plug it in. Just pops up with the initial 'accessport' screen and won't do anything else.
    Dont suppose anyone has had or heard of this problem?
    Plug it into computer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

same thing happens and wont connect to AP manager. Worked for a while last night and then went back to how it was.

Going to email Cobb

I know i've brought this issue up ages ago and yes i know i will still needa datalog but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? As i was just reading the "hesitation" thread on here and figured i might ask now that more people have gotten the AP

I've been getting some hesitation, come and go.. on the AP stage 2 map. Can't exactly pin point what it is. All spark plugs were checked at 7mm (off top of my head) before putting it in as i'm currently running one step colder plugs. Since i've had the stage 2 map, i got 2 slight "hesitation" WOT on 5th gear. - So full boost from 3rd, 4th and then 5th (Still gotta data log for it) Have not figured out or experienced it since then. I do sometimes still get hesitation like randomly entering through corners?? (NO traction control light flashing, traction control was left on)

I'm thinking its the tune thats causing the timing again, not really sure. Could be software issue. Not too sure. As the generic AP maps i reckon run very rough.... I have been talking to Cobb on the forum, but they need to look at some datalogs before determining what the issue might be. Problem is, it doesn't usually occur all the time and certainly hard to replicate.

I had all the mods on before running stock map and did not get this hesitation till i had the new map installed..

Those with an AP running stage 2 r also welcome to share if they have experienced this.

I plan to get a custom E- tune somewhere down the track and see if that improves it as well

I also have noticed that as the car gets started in the mornings (cold start) my exhaust will pop once or twice and hesitates almost as though it is about to die out. at the same point every day - as the throttle/ rev range is reduced. Again, never experienced this before with the stock ECU (same modifications)

Ideas?
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Did you seriously need to post exactly the same thing in multiple threads?

Sorry :P didn't want to miss any hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Bit tired from work. I appologise

SRSLY
    start a new thread, one... and one only ROFL.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

HAHAHAHAHA! Yea i realised i went bit overboard afterwards... Arkward turtle...

Dunno if i should start a new thread or not. I might, after i come up with few logs i suppose or a way to solve this. Just curious to see if anyone has gotten this thats all.

Anyone else experiencing this issue -

I recently (last month) updated my AP manager to 2.0.4.2. It's also running AP firmware AP V2B F/W 1.6.7.0-4715.

Today I plugged in the AP and the AP Manager says it need to 'upgrade' to 2.0.2.3 ?! ?

I said no.

annnnnnnd the AP problems begin..............this stuff is just gunna play with ur heads i tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    annnnnnnd the AP problems begin..............this stuff is just gunna play with ur heads i tell ya.
    Go away, you have no idea what you're talking about and are just trolling

lol and who r u?

Default Feedback on the Cobb AP…?

Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    Hehehe stirrer!!!
    Ban him! Hahahaha

Peter "SLIXX"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast