User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DGR coilovers VS Koni FSD's

I have never had them before, there german so must be good .. Will have take a ride in your car if you get them car swap for a cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Tony gave me a KW catalogue last time I was at Tunehouse so I am perusing that right now.
    Found a fair number of places that rate them as the most street able coilovers you can get
    As in wife/gf friendly on soft settings

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

If you give me the spring rates and dampening rates you want to try to acheive, I can get them made in DGR for you.

4. Default

Hey guys,

Bit of info on the KW range - It's awesome! ;-)

Seriously though, the entire philosophy around the V1-V3 KW range is the most comfortable lowered ride for any given car - The reason the company was originally formed was to provide good dampning for lowered cars and on real roads (German country roads aren't too different from that in Australia). The competition products they offer (and these guys develop for plenty of amnufacturers / F1 / motorsport teams) is literally the test bed for the technology and R&D that goes into thier main stream products and it shows in the examples that we've driven in / on / with.

They have a 7 axis chassis dyno - One of very few in the world outside of Forumula 1 teams and every product is tested and developed on this jig / dyno prior to release.

On a seperate note - Me and Jim personally did the factory training and took a tour of the facilities in Germany. The place is like a 'swiss watch factory' - but for shocks. They're not mass produced as the price might suggest, they're hand made. That is each valve and spring / components it manually checked prior to it being used in a system. Even more cooler - When we order a set of 'XXX' coilovers they start making them the very next day (Well, we think that's cool anyway!) What this means is as development and changes are engineered into the product, the very next set ordered is upgraded to suit - no chance of you getting some old shelf stock from somewhere who had them sitting round...

Anyways - You can read a bit more on the KW range 'HERE' and a bit of an explanation on the differences between Mono Tube and Twin Tube design 'HERE'.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if there is ANYTHING at all we can help with or if you have any questions.

Kind Regards
    Chris Milne
    Tunehouse
    e: chris@tunehouse.com.au
    p: (02) 9557 4000
    w: www.tunehouse.com.au
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

11 Chalder Street, Marrickville NSW

All Upgrades 100% Custom Dyno Tuned! Performance - Service - Innovation

HKS | COSWORTH| ECUTEK | TEIN | WHITELINE | DBA | KW | VIPEC

@Chris at Tunehouse

this is more for @Reedy and @LittleredMPS sake... but how would you guys compare B16's and KW V3's? these both seem to be THE benchmarks for street-able coilovers

from my reading KW V3's are a bit better on the street, but the B16's are slightly better on the track...
    advice/thoughts?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12