User Tag List

Thread: grrrrrrrr soooo pissed off !!! hit by a flying branch !

1. Default grrrrrrrr soooo pissed off !!! hit by a flying branch !

Just got home and needed to vent - soooo pisssssed offf !! This crazy weather in Sydney this arvo ! Winds were wild on the way home and my 100% dent and scratch free immaculate baby cops a f**ing baseball bat size branch from nowhere while traveling 70ks in the opp direction - Direct hit on the bonnet

It didn't chip any paint but it did leave three dents along the bonnet which are already driving me crazy

bloody good for nothing full comp insurance wont help with a $1200 excess

I knew my MPS couldn't stay perfect for too long

Any ideas how much it will cost for some paint-less dent removal? ( i tried to take pics but its really hard to see - in reality its easy when you move your head to see the light change where the dents are - i guess there are about 3 elongated 20c piece marks

Also any recommendations for repairers in the Sydney area?
    - 2008 MPS 3 - Metro Grey - Shadow chrome stockers - Corksport TIP + SRI - SURE Shortcut - GFB Respons BOV-

Sorry to hear, there are some "call-out" dent removal businesses. Maybe give them a shot.

We had wild weather last night in melbourne and theres more to come

Dave - spewing mate.

Dent removal from experience is around 100 per dent.

The bonnet is often a good place to remove dents from as it's a high tension panel and they pop out easily. Unless it's on a crease line, in which case it can be quite tricky.

It is quite bad luck - and although you're having trouble looking at it any other way - it's lucky that it hasn't removed any paint because then you'd be up for panel beating, and a respray of your bonnet AND both front quarters to blend it.

If it can be rectified using PDR it is actually best result you could want.

Damn Dave

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Dave - spewing mate.

Dent removal from experience is around 100 per dent.

The bonnet is often a good place to remove dents from as it's a high tension panel and they pop out easily. Unless it's on a crease line, in which case it can be quite tricky.

It is quite bad luck - and although you're having trouble looking at it any other way - it's lucky that it hasn't removed any paint because then you'd be up for panel beating, and a respray of your bonnet AND both front quarters to blend it.

If it can be rectified using PDR it is actually best result you could want.
    Thanks Mat - ye your rite guess it could have been alot worse ...
    - 2008 MPS 3 - Metro Grey - Shadow chrome stockers - Corksport TIP + SRI - SURE Shortcut - GFB Respons BOV-

it could of came through your window very lucky

Very bad luck man sorry to hear this.

i got a large dint in my rear drivers side taken out for $100

Ring a couple of car yards to find out who they use for dint repair etc. Small dints can be sucked or pushed out by someone who knows what they are doing and usually very successful as long as the paint has not been cracked .
    My wifes new car got some hail damage ,not bad ,but a new car and ding repairer was excellent (looks like new )
    Good luck.

Ouch, Not fun! I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have pictures of the Damage?

Depending on how bad the damage, this could work: Paintless Dent Repair Using a Heat Gun and a Can of Compressed Gas Duster - YouTube

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TylerAtCorkSport View Post
    Ouch, Not fun! I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have pictures of the Damage?

Depending on how bad the damage, this could work: Paintless Dent Repair Using a Heat Gun and a Can of Compressed Gas Duster - YouTube
    Hard to get a good picture need to see it in person - think ill prob leave it to the professionals - knowing me ill prob melt my paint off trying that heat gun technique - Thanks anyway for the link mate