User Tag List

Thread: Electronic Troubles after Changing battery

1. Default Electronic Troubles after Changing battery

I recently discovered my weekend drive ( 6 MPS ) had a flat battery, so i remvoed the old one and took away to get a replacement. After a huge weekend i decided to put my new battery in my beast and take her for a run. However, now my electric windows arent one touch up/ down, and my audio/ climate control console flips out and turns things on and off for example air conditioning. My mate has a monaro and said he had similar issues with his car after changing the battery and did a factory reset from inside his car using his audio controls and everything went back to normal. as far as im aware is reset his ECU? Any help would be greatly appreciated, auto electricians is the last place i want to go...

For the windows, go to each window, push down for a little bit then go all the way up and hold up for a couple seconds - you here a click.
    Now return to drivers main control and all windows should work fine...
    not sure about your climate control, never heard of that problem.

3. Default

thanks mate.. do you need to wind the windows all the way down then all the way up and hold or just down a bit then all the way up and hold? Yeah its weird the console spun out, might call mazda service and talk to their mechanics!

Just go down a bit - or all the way, no difference really.
    Good luck getting other issue sorted

Same thing happened to me when I had to disconnect the battery to put in the SURE Full3 Aeros. My windows didn't automatically go all the way up with one press of the button.

as kevstewart says...this works ..but I figured it out by accident I just let the driver's side window all the way up by holding the button and then keeping it held for a few seconds even after it was up.

No idea about the air-con demo mode though. Luckily this didn't happen to me.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection