User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Resonator Delete

For any WA guys looking to get this done I can recommend Midland Exhaust Center, great guys, great service and a great price.

He is doing a resonator-delete and putting tips on the car for $140 in a weeks time. Will get some pictures up when its done.

could not find tape not sure where i put it last time i was checking the length of my shlong =[

Quote Originally Posted by MPSNoob View Post
    could not find tape not sure where i put it last time i was checking the length of my shlong =[
    Not surprised you couldn't find it, the tape must of been really small!
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Not surprised you couldn't find it, the tape must of been really small!
    I think it was meant to say i cant find my shlong but i have a very nice measuring tape
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Just came back from a exhaust fella's, i came home with 0 mods.. They had a mps exhaust out the back of the shop and decided to cut it open. What i found is the resonator was one of teh best i have seen these are non restrictive!! You would be better to take teh rear muffler off for power! The standard rear muffler is the restrictive part of the CBE. The guys from the exhaust shop keep our resonators for there own cars .... DONT remove them!!!

Im going a 3' pipe with resonator to the rear muffler for $300 fitted.. 'I already have a maganaflow rear muffler' which you can get from the states delivered for $200-$220. Good sounds and power gains can be had from doing the rear muffler they charged me $100 to fit and pipe the rear muffler..

So costs - Magnaflow muffler = $320 good gains and sound
    - 3' pipe with resonator fitted = $300
    So for $620 you have a 3' catback system that flows and sounds good!!!!

Default Resonator Delete

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Just came back from a exhaust fella's, i came home with 0 mods.. They had a mps exhaust out the back of the shop and decided to cut it open. What i found is the resonator was one of teh best i have seen these are non restrictive!! You would be better to take teh rear muffler off for power! The standard rear muffler is the restrictive part of the CBE. The guys from the exhaust shop keep our resonators for there own cars .... DONT remove them!!!

Im going a 3' pipe with resonator to the rear muffler for $300 fitted.. 'I already have a maganaflow rear muffler' which you can get from the states delivered for $200-$220. Good sounds and power gains can be had from doing the rear muffler they charged me $100 to fit and pipe the rear muffler..

So costs - Magnaflow muffler = $320 good gains and sound
    - 3' pipe with resonator fitted = $300
    So for $620 you have a 3' catback system that flows and sounds good!!!!
    I'm not an expert and I would believe your guys because they are but not sure how a massive hot dog shaped resonator is less restrictive than a straight pipe.

Less bends equals less restriction?

I'm just spit balling, not arguing. Promise

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I'm not an expert and I would believe your guys because they are but not sure how a massive hot dog shaped resonator is less restrictive than a straight pipe.

Less bends equals less restriction?

I'm just spit balling, not arguing. Promise

Peter "SLIXX"
    NO you got me wrong... They are less restrictive than aftermarket ones . Hence from here i need a 3' pipe

They are pretty sick inside I have never seen a res that smooth! The only way u'd benifit would be bigger pipes.. U may get 1hp out of removing it imao
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 20-12-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Default Resonator Delete

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    They are pretty sick inside I have never seen a res that smooth! The only way u'd benifit would be bigger pipes.. U may get 1hp out of removing it imao
    Oh right. I removed mine for pure sound only. I got to keep mine.

I guess if they are that good, ill mount it on the wall and frame it!

Straight to the pool room!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Oh right. I removed mine for pure sound only. I got to keep mine.

I guess if they are that good, ill mount it on the wall and frame it!

Straight to the pool room!

Peter "SLIXX"
    wish mazda made a 3' version

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMPS View Post
    give it time Mr Hektik Trackz.

It sorta deepens over time. I drove off from the muffler place and couldnt notice any change in sound while driving.

ok prolly stupid question but is that the ECU slowly adjusting and hence breathing better over time ? or am i missing something simple here ? And i mean that with a Down pipe installed as well ?
    -ETS TMIC - 2XS SRI and HEATSHIELD K & N POD - 2XS BOV - REDLINEGOODS LEATHER SHIFTBOOT AND ARMREST - AUTOEXEC COILOVERS JDM - JUSTSPEED DOWNPIPE-CP-E DURO 75 REM-HYPERTECH TUNED-EONON SAT/NAV INDASH- SPEEDLINE ENGINE STRUT BRACE-

Default Resonator Delete

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mps3 View Post
    ok prolly stupid question but is that the ECU slowly adjusting and hence breathing better over time ? or am i missing something simple here ? And i mean that with a Down pipe installed as well ?
    Mine was louder straight from the word go, but it has deepened and there is more rumble as time has gone on

Maybe is carbon build up and there for changes the sound

Currently RaydTuned

Took mine in to have a resonator removed, but the exhast shop talked me out of it saying it would barely make any difference and that I should have the muffler removed instead. I rarely would allow myself to be taked out of having what done what I had made my mind up about, somehow though I was. Anyway the resonator remains and the muffler is gone, its louder but I didnt really want it louder I just wanted it t have a bit more growl.

It now idles a bit like a rex, but very flat with the boot in it.

Has anyone elses here deleted muffler only? Whats the feeling on this will res delete change the note when you're up it or is it just volume too?
    '06 True Red 3 MPS Sports. Stock!

14. Default Resonator Delete

Resonator delete only makes it slightly louder, but gives it a nice deeper tone and burble. Im sure There is a before and after video that gives you an impression on the sound on this thread or another resonator thread.

Default Resonator Delete

Getting rid of the res really only produces more sound on song. Once the car is warm and at idle it should be quiet

There isn't any drone and no over bearing exhaust note at idle

When it's cold it loud always

http://youtu.be/C-S8od_XP38

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345