User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Resonator Delete

I just had mine done at Highpoint Mufflers after seeing this thread.
    Had it done for $30 for anyone that's in Melbourne.

I had the resonator and 2nd cat removed.. no drone inside at all, no CEL's, pretty loud on startup but sounds nice in normal driving
    The MPS on startup...mind the condensation

Quote Originally Posted by 57ROP View Post
    I had the resonator and 2nd cat removed.. no drone inside at all, no CEL's, pretty loud on startup but sounds nice in normal driving
    That's sounds awesome!!
    The condensation made it look like a angry car on start up. Hehehe

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

What tips are those.

The great thing is you can hardly notice it if youre cruising along. Comes alive when you give it!

Rev or drive by plz @57ROP
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Haha thanks guys! Yeah it looks pretty mean with the condensation coming outta both tips. They're some random tips I got from the exhaust shop, but of a rip but they look good. Think they're 4" stainless steel. I'll get a video of it under revs and cruisin past

7. Default

How much louder is it over stock? I love the note of the car, makes it sound like a cat back. Its a perfect (and cheap) solution to get the right "note", but i wonder how much louder it is...

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    How much louder is it over stock? I love the note of the car, makes it sound like a cat back. Its a perfect (and cheap) solution to get the right "note", but i wonder how much louder it is...
    Its not overly loud. i reckon my CAI is louder. You wont regret it once u do it!!!

Just save and get a TBE

Haha thanks guys! Yeah it looks pretty mean with the condensation coming outta both tips. They're some random tips I got from the exhaust shop, but of a rip but they look good. Think they're 4" stainless steel. I'll get a video of it under revs and cruisin past
    I will be waiting @LOOPYMPS did the same and I have been in his and it does quieter down when it's warm and generally only shouts loud when you put you foot down

A real raw growl and snarl

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    Just save and get a TBE
    It not really need unless your BT. I saw more power just from a Magnaflow rear muffler.

Sounds very chunky.. I have a CP-e CBE and will be putting a downpipe on soon. I bought the cbe off here and it has 2 resonators in it and its still quite loud (not much drone when cruising though), I would hate to hear it with one res or even both removed, with a downpipe... However, I will see how it sounds when I install the downpipe, if I want more growl ill remove one of the res
    Last edited by dazza; 18-07-2012 at 09:48 AM.

13. Default

I just got the resonator delete completed, local muffler shop hi-Tech exhausts... very happy with the result. The car has similar growl and throatiness of a full CBE but at a fraction of the cost. Only slightly louder (15% by my non scientific estimates)...and as a few people here have mentioned its a slight difference inside the car, but you really notice it outside the car, or if the windows are down!

Thanks for the suggestion MPSNoob for this easy and cheap sound mod.

Nice one - first or second resonator? And cost?

15. Default

1st resonator, the one just downstream of the mid pipe. I think the Gen II only have one resonator and the muffler at the rear.

Cost a bit more than others here, was $100 and took just over an hour. Was happy with the service and the attention to detail paid.

Yeh I'd rather pay more and make sure they weld all the way round - got to be careful when doing jobs like this without taking he exhaust off the car.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Yeh I'd rather pay more and make sure they weld all the way round - got to be careful when doing jobs like this without taking he exhaust off the car.
    2nd that! At very least take the exhaust off the hangers to be able to get to the top of the pipe
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I gutted cat and put resonator delete and scrapped the stock muffler for a s/s straight through 2.5 inch muffler. All up cost me $350 and the best mod you could do for a gen 1.
    ps- the increase in sound is barely noticeable too. Just slightly deeper. Also gained 5kw before tune and 9kw after HPF tune.

19. Default

@ Smokey and @RedDjinn; Yep, he did a really good job. Took out the exhaust section out, then cut it, then made up a replacement section (flared the ends slightly from what i could observe), hand fit it back in ... got it right in terms of fitment then tack welded into place. Once tac welded he then took off the exhaust again and did a full weld.

Took his time and did it really well. You certainly appreciate learning and watching from someone who has obviously very proficient at what they do, but also when they take pride in their work.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast