User Tag List

Thread: Help! Post coilover install

Default Help! Post coilover install

I spent a good part of yesterday installing some dgr coils into my 3, after cracking theshit last night left it 3/4 done with the intention of finishing it today . After bolting everything down I got in to go for at test drive and noticed that the abs light and traction control light both are staying on and decided not to take that drive before checking everything was connected properly ( which it appears it is ) can anyone tell me what's happened ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

your abs sensors are dirty mate take your wheel/s off take the sensor/s out clean it/them you would of got a bit of crap smeared over sensor/s its not hard to do try it if it doesnt work then we have a bigger problem(sort of) because one of the wires to one of your sensors might be broken (wire can snap inside the plastic sheath that protects it when it gets old or when it is heated and cooled over and over again(make's it brittle)) but i bet its the first solution that will be right its happened to me on my tx5 aws telstar

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

if you ever need help im in melbs to Raffa so feel free to ask
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    your abs sensors are dirty mate take your wheel/s off take the sensor/s out clean it/them you would of got a bit of crap smeared over sensor/s its not hard to do try it if it doesnt work then we have a bigger problem(sort of) because one of the wires to one of your sensors might be broken (wire can snap inside the plastic sheath that protects it when it gets old or when it is heated and cooled over and over again(make's it brittle)) but i bet its the first solution that will be right its happened to me on my tx5 aws telstar

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

if you ever need help im in melbs to Raffa so feel free to ask
    Thats my opinion too
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

The light should go off within 50m
    Mine was the same both times with my coilovers going in, it is just from being disconnected.

if thats the case then a quick battery disconnection should rectify it straight away

Cheers @Axspeed6 ,did the battery disconnect all seems to be well , brakes like it should

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2