User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Speed Of Mazda 3 MPS

1. Default Top Speed Of Mazda 3 MPS

Hi All,im a new member.Just bought a new red mazda 3 mps.The car will arrived soon maybe end of this month.
    I was wondering whats the top speed of this stock mps you guys has try. i mean for the gen2.
    I saw some info from google that mps top speed is limited to 250kmh.
    Max speed I watch on youtube a guy crusing at 240+kmh at 5th gear but i dont know wether thats the top speed or not.

Code:
    Power comes from Mazda's MZR 2.3-liter DISI turbocharged engine with 191 kW (260 PS) and 380 Nm of torque. 0-100 km/h comes in 6.1 seconds, while the top speed is limited to 250 km/h (155 mph)
    have a look at this hitting 240kmh at 5th gear.. OMG!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABom...hannel&list=UL

thanks a lot guys for reading.
    Last edited by Brian; 05-06-2012 at 09:07 AM.

On public roads the top speed of the MPS is 110

3. Default

Ooo.. Thanks for the effort to answer

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    On public roads the top speed of the MPS is 110
    Unless you live in northern territory, then it's 130
    Highest I've seen at track days is 170 (top of fourth)
    But yes, think they're electronically limited to 250...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Unless you live in northern territory, then it's 130
    Highest I've seen at track days is 170 (top of fourth)
    But yes, think they're electronically limited to 250...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks
    Last edited by Brian; 05-06-2012 at 09:05 AM.

I've heard 270... on the dial which is about 240 GPS judging by how shit our speedo's are.

I've seen 200, would love to get on Phillip Island to take it down front straight would see 220+ easily

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I've heard 270... on the dial which is about 240 GPS judging by how shit our speedo's are.

I've seen 200, would love to get on Phillip Island to take it down front straight would see 220+ easily
    do you mean our mps speedo reading is not true? 270 and 240 is big 30 diffrent tho

i add a link mps hitting 240kmh at 5th gear.. OMG! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABom...hannel&list=UL

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Ooo.. Thanks for the effort to answer
    It took me a lot of effort to answer that question, because I'm sure you wouldn't be suggesting in any way that you would try and max out an MPS on a public road, otherwise we are going to have a little chat elsewhere on the forum.

Most of the after market tuning devices are capable of removing the top speed limiter, I believe on a German autobahn you can hit 260, true speed, not the exaggerated +10% the dial shows.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for posting the link Brian, twice!

Top speed is an interesting statistic, but that's about it.

I've gone close to 210 on the main straight at Calder Park. Phillip Island has a similar straight but a faster approach so would probably get a slightly higher top speed. I plan to investigate this further in the near future.

its faster then you will ever need to go in Australia our roads just arent good enough to drive that fast + the compounds that they use in the bitumen on roads is vastly different to track bitumen materials street bitumen is harder and less sticky then track which means a lot less grip also the stock car's suspension is not really built for those sorts of speeds

Doesnt anyone read my posts!! the faster you go in a Gen1 mps the more accurate the speedo, seen this on dyno and gps. gen2s dont suffer from speedo incorrections like gen1's. Gen2 im only 3ks out at 100kph on 235/40/18 add half a kph for standard tyre size.
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 05-06-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I've heard you say it before, i'm just going off my Dashhawk and my MPS is wrong by different amount and certain speeds, 45 is 37 km/h 85 is 80km 115 is 103km/h.... God only know whats wrong with mine lol

I've heard you say it before, i'm just going off my Dashhawk and my MPS is wrong by different amount and certain speeds, 45 is 37 km/h 85 is 80km 115 is 103km/h.... God only know whats wrong with mine lol
    My gen1 was the same. but after 150kph it starts to read better

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    My gen1 was the same. but after 150kph it starts to read better

Ahh ok, never really taken a glance at Dashhawk at 150km/h probably should do it next track day :P
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Ahh ok, never really taken a glance at Dashhawk at 150km/h probably should do it next track day :P
    Prob find GPS is more accurate. As this caculates your time over metres covers real time.

I have a GPS reading on video of 187k's down the main straight at Qld Raceway which should be close to 200k's plus there's another with a photo at 275k's on the speedo after it come back from being of the speedo on a private rd and running out of runway...

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Doesnt anyone read my posts!!.
    No.. Lol.
    Wait... Did luke say something?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

In theory a Gen 1 MPS, with enough power and no limiter, is geared to run about 287km/h Vmax.

A Gen 2, with its taller gearing, has a Vmax somewhere in the neigbourhood of 310+km/h.

Needless to say, with the limited downforce at the rear of either of these cars, if you were lucky enough to reach those speeds, you probably wouldnt survive it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    In theory a Gen 1 MPS, with enough power and no limiter, is geared to run about 287km/h Vmax.

A Gen 2, with its taller gearing, has a Vmax somewhere in the neigbourhood of 310+km/h.

Needless to say, with the limited downforce at the rear of either of these cars, if you were lucky enough to reach those speeds, you probably wouldnt survive it lol.
    It would be fine until you decided to do anything but keep accelerating

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast