User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which car to replace my mps?

Congrats!

See if you can hold out on the tune until APR has one of their semi-annual specials. Usually 10% off. It's well into June now so I'd expect one this month for end of financial year if the last few years are any indication.

Congrats, yeah i'm thinking my next car will be either a GTI or a Megane sport.
    Cheers Todd

Good decision. My mate has just picked up his mk5 with apr stage 2, apr turbo back exhaust and carbonio carbon fibre intake. Can't wait for a ride - car envy will ensue!

One thing you'll find going from the MPS 2.3T w/K04 to the VAG 2.0T w/K04 is how much more powerband it has. It doesn't taper off, they rev out nice and freely to 7000rpm and keep pulling the whole time. And they're on full boost nearly 1000rpm earlier. Being the Pirelli edition, with the stronger internal motor, its a perfect candidate for the bigger turbo's as the factory's done the internal work for you...

APR Stage III kit is fun... replaces the K04 with a GT2871R, 285kW 480Nm on 98 RON.
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Wow congrz man good luck and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    Wow congrz man good luck and have fun
    Thanks,

Not sure what tuning pathway to take. Don't want to spend a fortune on the car as we all know it's dead money. Sold my mps with some good cpe stuff and you certainly don't get any additional coin when you offload.

With APR you have to follow a predetermined pathway and purchase only apr branded parts ( dump / hpfp ) that are overpriced to be able to access the free tune upgrades.

Giac quoted some very broad power gain projections ( between 30 and 80hp for stg 1??? ) which is wired. APR quoted a more accurate figure. Giac on the other hand would allow me to mod as I see fit and is open to any branding etc.

Anybody have any experience with VWs and these tuning pathways??

I'm a MPS guy through and through, this is a foreign place ( VW world) to be.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Anybody have any experience with VWs and these tuning pathways??

I'm a MPS guy through and through, this is a foreign place ( VW world) to be.
    Plenty, my last car was a tuned, Bilstein shod MkV GTI DSG. Ask away here or PM me, either or.
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Love the car. Very different to the rawness of the mps

Launch control is a waste of space, wheel spin deluxe

I would have picked a BMW 135i

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    I would have picked a BMW 135i

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Let me know where you can get one for 30 dug lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Love the car. Very different to the rawness of the mps

Launch control is a waste of space, wheel spin deluxe
    Are you using it with foot welded to firewall? If so, that's why. You need to modulate throttle a little.
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    Are you using it with foot welded to firewall? If so, that's why. You need to modulate throttle a little.
    What's the use of having launch control if I have to do some work?

Anyways, thought launch control only worked with foot flat on brake and flat on the juice?

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Ohh and off to see apr this morning

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

+1 to above! Modulating throttle with your foot is 'launch control' on my car - particularly given it does not have it fitted!

Until accessport goes in today muhahaha!

229kw (or so they say) of APR goodness

I can tell you this thing burns fuel and tyres are not going to last long

Overtaking is amazing

229kw (or so they say) of APR goodness

I can tell you this thing burns fuel and tyres are not going to last long

Overtaking is amazing
    At the engine
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

What's the use of having launch control if I have to do some work?

Anyways, thought launch control only worked with foot flat on brake and flat on the juice?

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Ohh and off to see apr this morning
    Its a budget hatch not a supercar, the L/C isn't what you'd call super avdvanced. Plus its FWD without an LSD. Once its tuned, its burnout control hehe
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Sif need launch control

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    At the engine
    Many thanks, but I am aware

Liking the tune?

Gotta clarify something I was unsure of earlier in the thread, it seems APR do offer free reflashes to the next 'stages', but the hardware needs to be sourced from an APR Australia dealer (i.e. not the US). $250 fee if it's not APR Australia hardware.

I came across a used downpipe at a good price so shot Guy a PM on one of the VW forums to find out what the go was.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Liking the tune?

Gotta clarify something I was unsure of earlier in the thread, it seems APR do offer free reflashes to the next 'stages', but the hardware needs to be sourced from an APR Australia dealer (i.e. not the US). $250 fee if it's not APR Australia hardware.

I came across a used downpipe at a good price so shot Guy a PM on one of the VW forums to find out what the go was.

The car with the tune is like a time machine.

It is quicker than my 3 and it had quality mods.

I spoke to the tuner about the same thing. I am more than happy to pay the extra for stage 2 than buy a dump pipe at retail through them. They will however not offer the hpfp stage (2+?) if anybody has another pump from another tuning house, irrelevant of what you offer them $$ wise.

I should mention I'm running the 6hr ( driving total) trial. The car is amazing though

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast