User Tag List

Thread: Stage1+”Intake”+TIH 98 v230 question

Default Stage1+”Intake”+TIH 98 v230 question

Could I run the map Stage1+”Intake”+TIH 98 v230 utilizing stock air box mod + k&n panel filter and TIP.

I don't want too noticeable change under the hood.....

Basicly can the modified stock air box count good enough as a intake increase?

Cheers

In my opinion, no, it doesn't count - but @LuKeMps might disagree.

I'd stick to running Stage 0 98 map, which will take advantage of that fuel octane (remembering that our octane rating is different to the US - so just cos there is 93 - doens't mean ours is 5 points higher).

It's still a 15% gain, correct me if i'm wrong someone?

i would run stage 0 98 RON
    they are calibrated based on MAF sizes... (ie where the airflow sensor is in car) and this is important as it tells the ECU how much air is flowing...

Hi Carbyfed,

You can run the Stage 1 Map for a Stock intake & 98, Cobb has it on their Maps page, also you can go stage 2 with the Stock intake if you have the other listed supporting mods (like a HPFP upgrade and Downpipe) As SarcasticOne said, "the Maps are calibrated based on the size of the MAF" so it is vitally important that you select the correct intake option. Anyway the Stock intake maps can be found here: AccessPORT Off The Shelf Maps wish you all the best Cheers
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

Thanks for the wealth of info!

The unit identified my car as ADM. I also so what it seems had ADM per loaded maps and for now running the 98 Ron stock map.

Should I have specifically downloaded the one off their website? No updates where available for my car with unit at all. I bought mine through MPS garage that was up to date.

Thanks

ah, they have stage 1 maps for stock intake
    use that

ooh this is exciting - if my AP beats my intake to the post man then i can get cracking straight away!

away for work - but have been told by the gf that there is a package from the US waiting!