User Tag List

Thread: Hello People shopping for brand new Gen 2 in SYD next week

Default Hello People shopping for brand new Gen 2 in SYD next week

Hello, hoping to secure a deal next week for a brand new MPS, are the speedos accurate on the current models as i own a 2007 SP23 which is out around 5kmh.

Hey, I just purchased a new VR MPS3 hopefully picking it up next week! Lots of research done on many cars in this price range and the MPS was defiantly a cut above the rest!!! Good luck on your future purchase I'm sure you will be pleased!

speedos are about 3-5 ks out

Hi and Welcome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

welcome

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    speedos are about 3-5 ks out
    Neg, I would say 10% or as much as 10kph out... At least. I am on stock rims as well. Put it this way I went past 4 Highway Patrol cars on Sat morning with cruise set to 120kph and not one showed interest. Have gone past those radars on the side of road when my car says 80kph, it has flashed up 72.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Neg, I would say 10% or as much as 10kph out... At least. I am on stock rims as well. Put it this way I went past 4 Highway Patrol cars on Sat morning with cruise set to 120kph and not one showed interest. Have gone past those radars on the side of road when my car says 80kph, it has flashed up 72.

If its the road works speed cameras they are all wrong they are not calibrated nor are they tested! dyno and GPS prove on stockers 4-5ks on the 235/40 im 3ks 'ON GEN2 ONLY'. I went through a fixed speed camera at 115kph on the freeway and it flashed me!
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Correct.

Even my Scooby is 7-10km out - I usually set the cruise control for 109km/hr in a 100km zone (sat nav says about 102km/hr) and in the 110km zone, more like 120km/hr (about 111km/hr by sat nav).
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

For me, 116km/hr by GPS and OBDII scanner is 110 on my speedo so mine overestimates by about 6%.

10. Default

Well i picked it up yesterday after 3 so called definate delivery dates. Not sure if this the thread to post in but some issues.
    Selcting 4th gear doesn't feel right, u can hear and often feel a definate clunk, that's not under load.

Went for a drive around Gosford probably only Sydney member can get an idea of where i went etc, car has done a total of 182kms then on the way home pulled into the Supermarket in Chullora (had music goin on the way home then turned it off when entering the carpark) an odd noise (read the wong wong noise thread not sure if relates) but there was this loud noise like a metal garage door hinge swinging open when letting the clutch out and turning. It didnt do it while leaving/driving in traffic around the Gosford area as i didnt turn the music on till getting on the freeway

I mentioned the garage door noise because i just read the Mazdaspeed forum and some guy that bought his last week described his as doin this noise.

When i left the carpark there was no noises for about 4 blocks, however close to home i had to slow because of a speed hump (back to 2nd) then the noise started again and this was in a straight line (this was with the clutch fully let out going thru 2nd and 3rd), i then had to pull over to stop at the bottle shop (essential nutrition on a Saturday night), so i left there and drove around a few blocks to see if it would replicate again and was fine. then reached home and the slow turn left into the drive way while letting the clutch out the noise happened again.

Notes: i don't know if it started doin it after i came off the freeway as i didn't turn the music off till i reached Chullora.
    It did the noise while either going right left or straight, i didnt feel any vibration or a change to the way it felt while driving.
    The guy in America having the same noise which probablt has a similar build date is alarming me if Mazda produced a batch of duds.

Any ideas or bottle shop vouchers are welcome.

if your not happy take it back.. They have to listen and fix teh issues

12. Default

Seems likes its the front brakes, was doin it today once temp built up in them from stop and start traffic, just rolling slow in neutral it did it as soon as u apply break pressure the sound stops.