User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: e-tune sale!

I'm very interested to hear how these Tune's come up, started hearing a few issues with Stage 2 Cobb Maps and i'm thinking that i will end up with similar issues from doing a Cobb AP.

If these tunes are everything they claim to be i might bite the bullet and get the Cobb AP and the E-tune but considering i've got a MazEdit Tune it will be about $1200 down the drain lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    You're waiting?? Go Now!!
    Needed sleep!

Have fun this morning... Zoom Zoom Zoom!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I'm very interested to hear how these Tune's come up, started hearing a few issues with Stage 2 Cobb Maps and i'm thinking that i will end up with similar issues from doing a Cobb AP.

If these tunes are everything they claim to be i might bite the bullet and get the Cobb AP and the E-tune but considering i've got a MazEdit Tune it will be about $1200 down the drain lol

I am having issues with my stage 2 map, the high boost is one thing and will hopefully be fixed soon with a EBC but having what feels like fuel cut (already have HPFP) when dropping from 5th to 4th and then WOT, I know it's not boost cut cause just before I get boost cut my boost guage gives me a high pitched beep to let me know I'm getting up there..
    All Things 2XS

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    I am having issues with my stage 2 map, the high boost is one thing and will hopefully be fixed soon with a EBC but having what feels like fuel cut (already have HPFP) when dropping from 5th to 4th and then WOT, I know it's not boost cut cause just before I get boost cut my boost guage gives me a high pitched beep to let me know I'm getting up there..
    post logs so we can help you out
    it could be a simple fix like dropping 5% WGDC in a certain rpm range, also, fitting an aftermarket EBC and keeping same tune will give more boost
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Ok this might be the wrong place to ask but (and this is probably a dumb question) but with an aftermarket EBC (mine is a Eboost2) if you set boost on the EBC to say 17psi and the tune you are running is for 19psi what happens? Does the the tune still push the boost to 19psi or does the EBC cut it at 17psi? Probably a silly question but not sure how it works?

Unfortunate there appears to be some issues with the stage 2 maps... As I mentioned earlier I had what appeared to be boost cut on wot that I can no longer reproduce, it may of been from the colder air as it was late at night.
    Really think we are better off with an e-tune instead of running OTS maps

Ok, so had the run to work this morning and after being sedate for the first 15-20km, gave it a boot and...holy sheet! Nice work John from HPFP!!! Hit 17.5psi boost at about half throttle but very smooth and feels like a completely different car again. Need to get out and do a few WOT runs and send the logs back to John, but first impressions are, as I said above...holy sheet!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Have fun this morning... Zoom Zoom Zoom!
    Corksport SRI and TIP, 2XS LED lighting-: interior, parkers, fog lights and number plate lights, painted brake calipers (black), cPE REM, Cobb AP, Corksport front strut brace, Corksport rear sway bar, Autotech HPFP internals, Xforce cat back exhaust, Xforce DP, HPFP etune.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf9686969 View Post
    Ok, so had the run to work this morning and after being sedate for the first 15-20km, gave it a boot and...holy sheet! Nice work John from HPFP!!! Hit 17.5psi boost at about half throttle but very smooth and feels like a completely different car again. Need to get out and do a few WOT runs and send the logs back to John, but first impressions are, as I said above...holy sheet!
    So a big difference over the ots map? I havent heard much feedback from hpfp etune yet you are one of the first. No stuttering/hesitation/cut or anything? How long did it take to get the map after you sent the logs?
    Last edited by dazza; 17-08-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Just checked my emails and I sent the logs on July 24, so not too bad a turn around. Re stutterin/hesitation...nothing I could notice this morning. Have to take it for a good run yet though...

And yeah, big difference to OTS.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    So a big difference over the ots map? I havent heard much feedback from hpfp etune yet you are one of the first. No stuttering/hesitation/cut or anything? How long did it take to get the map after you sent the logs?
    Corksport SRI and TIP, 2XS LED lighting-: interior, parkers, fog lights and number plate lights, painted brake calipers (black), cPE REM, Cobb AP, Corksport front strut brace, Corksport rear sway bar, Autotech HPFP internals, Xforce cat back exhaust, Xforce DP, HPFP etune.

Good to hear makes me want to get this started even sooner

Guys with issues. New threads please so you can be individually assisted. Take logs and upload :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using crapatalk

Whats the best way to take logs? 4th gear WOT? 2000rpm - 6000rpm? I almost had it yesterday going to 6000rpm but ran outta road lmao... Will do again this weekend to assess how this tune is going. Been trying to replicate that "hesitation" but haven't had it...

On the other hand, i don't mind getting like a different map specifically tuned by HPFP, how much is it still is it still the same price? I think a few of us are keen to try out but if you are able to do special deals that would be sweet....

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Guys with issues. New threads please so you can be individually assisted. Take logs and upload :-)

Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Whats the best way to take logs? 4th gear WOT? 2000rpm - 6000rpm? I almost had it yesterday going to 6000rpm but ran outta road lmao... Will do again this weekend to assess how this tune is going. Been trying to replicate that "hesitation" but haven't had it...

On the other hand, i don't mind getting like a different map specifically tuned by HPFP, how much is it still is it still the same price? I think a few of us are keen to try out but if you are able to do special deals that would be sweet....
    third is acceptable

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I hear you. I live in the CBD - I had to drive 45 mins out of the city just to find some semi quiet road to get a 3rd gear WOT run in.....
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 17-08-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    I hear you. I live in the CBD - I had to drive 45 mins out of the city just to find some semi quiet road to get a 3rd gear WOT run in.....
    Tulla freeway lol

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Yarra Blvd, Eastern Freeway Entry, Beach Road lol you'r going to break the law anyway why not save yourself the 35 min and just do it locally lol
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Yep maybe just do a quick spot check for the boys before u decide to do a run :P

So, did WOT runs yesterday. All seemed to hold well and felt great! Emailed these back to John. Will be interested to see what he does next...

I'm still trying to find a place for a 4th gear WOT. The popo in Sydney is pretty crazy right now, see them everywhere doing their usual camp style behind bushes and RBT's in the strangest places

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast