User Tag List

Thread: Cork Sport Rear Chassis Brace Set

1. Default Cork Sport Rear Chassis Brace Set

Fully caged

I have had the Corksport rear cassis cage in for a while now and have waited to do a review on it till I put it through its paces in an autocross or two. The install is a bit tedious but not too bad just give yourself a nice shady place to do it. The rear interior comes out in the process and I suggest that you measure twice and cut once, I am referring to the side panels of the interior. The kit has been updated since I installed it and now comes with a insert rivnut for the rear mounting brackets a vast improvement and this will make the install a lot smoother.
    —As for the driving impression of the brace set, you will notice as you install it the rear shock towers expand slightly as you open the turnbuckle crossbar with this alone I felt the rear was quite a bit stiffer on the slalom while doing auto cross, with the complete rear set in the posterior of the car was solid as a rock. I really didn't think this brace set would make that much of a difference but I was happily surprised! So this is a great mod for the road and auto crossers who will definitely feel the rear end sloppiness go away, as for the daily drivers when you hit your favorite high speed turns in the commuting Gran Prix you will fell more planted as you load up the hind quarters of the car. Great bang for the buck IMHO. Will post some photos soonly
    >>>>>>First Amphibious Pu<<<<<<<<

All mods removed and waiting for a 2013 CWP Tech

CorkSport>> Coilovers with Camber Plates,FSB,RSB,Endlinks,SSP,FMIC (large core), Rear Chassis Brace Set,Front Tower Bar, interior light kit,Racepipe, Catless DP,SPC Camber arms,
    JBR >> Sperical knobage with K.C.R. Mod!,Fully mounted
    Matt D. OCC ,Autotech HPFP
    Volk TE37's 17x8.5 40mm wrapped in Dunlop Star Specs 245/45

Mason Dixson Raceway: 13.092 @ 107.5 mph/ 1.85 60'
    Atco Raceway: 13.1 @ 109.45mph/1.99 60'

cheers for the review. its good to hear that it has made a difference. Im planning to just get the crossbar as my car is a daily, but was hoping this alone would help. by the sounds of it, it will which is great

3. Default

It most definitely did make a difference, well made as well!

4. Default

Thanks for the write up! Wondering how it compares to the difference felt with a RSB? I've found an after market RSB has done wonders for the handling

the RSB will have the most dramatic and direct affect to handling as its connected directly to the suspension. Whereas braces are used to stiffen the chassis. the brace will help the chassis react faster to the increase in stiffness of the RSB.

basically the chassis transfers the energy side to side more effectively, increasing chassis response. You will need suspension to take benefit of this, i.e. the suspension will need to also react quicker. this is how I understand it.

this is why suspension tuning and handling is so complex..

@kritz have you tried the rear trunk brace? the one that goes outside underneath the car? http://www.gtspec.com/product/gtspec...-brace-mazda-3
    Last edited by lup15; 30-05-2012 at 02:32 PM.

6. Default

Not as of yet, But since GT Spec is about 30 minutes from my home I will have to talk to Calvin and see if he can make me a deal. Looks like a great product!

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    this is why suspension tuning and handling is so complex..
    So True! It is very complex but for me it is very fun . Power goodies are fun, but I feel that if you can't go around twisties, why have all the power?

need pics!