User Tag List

Thread: Tuning... the Pro way!

1. Default Tuning... the Pro way!

Just sharing some of the results from our customers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	328 WHP stock turbo.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	11137

This is a stock turbo car, running 18 psi, pump gas. Car is fully bolted with intake, inlet pipe, downpipe, full exhaust, FMIC. The power curve is "smooth" and power is made all the way to redline.

Name:	507 WHP STD 92 Octane STD.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	11138

Our shop car, pretty much everything you would want in a car. This car has our LTAIC, intake manifold, forged engine, custom cams, CNC'ed cyl head, big turbo kit running 59mm turbo, full exhaust. This is pump gas and look at that power curve!!!

Name:	Mazdaspeed 640hp.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	11139

Shop car again but with a turbo upgrade to a 66mm turbo. This thing full spools on the street at 3800 RPM and TQ steers like crazy! Pump gas with meth on this tune and we are making peak power at 7400 RPM.

Name:	ABY7494.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	11140

Here we have a bolt on GT3071, stock head, block with a few bolt-ons. He has a FMIC, full exhaust, Performance Rail Valve, intake and a small shot of meth (M2 nozzle).

There are lots of "tuners" out there that claim to make power, but there are very few that can make power across the curve. Power across the curve is what makes a car fast. If you want to find out how fast... here is how you do it.

Take your peak TQ RPM, take your peak HP or redline HP. Every 1000 RPM from peak TQ to peak HP you take the HP number. So it goes something like this.

3800 RPM you made 200 WHP
    4800 RPM you made 300 WHP
    5800 RPM you made 400 WHP
    6800 RPM you made 500 WHP

Take all 4 and add them together

= 1400, then divide by 4 = 350 average WHP

This shows your power across the curve and it shows that your car is making "more" then the next guy.

There is the right way, there is the wrong way, then there is the Pro way. Get a Pro Tune!

Thanks,

John

Thanks John, that's good info. I hadn't realised that you were PTP John from the mazdaspeed forums...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Thanks John, that's good info. I hadn't realised that you were PTP John from the mazdaspeed forums...

Thanks!

Yes, we are the black sheep of MSF this is what happens when you set the record HP levels with the platform.

Everyone is still gunning for our 540 WHP record, its to bad... if they would have take the time to listen to my recommendations there would be several over there making 600 HP by now. Oh well, just means we get to hold the records even longer.

Thanks,

John

OH, makes me want to buy another MPS.

I'm

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post

I'm
    There is a 6 first :-P

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post

I'm

I right there with ya, I want to pick up a Speed 6 and really put some power down!

First things first, we need to get the shop 3 to the track and crush the 10 second barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade View Post
    I right there with ya, I want to pick up a Speed 6 and really put some power down!

First things first, we need to get the shop 3 to the track and crush the 10 second barrier.
    Big HP speed6's FTW!!!

Sent from my iPhone
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

8. Default

I am all for big power speed 6's, I love the look of the car and the AWD is fantastic!