User Tag List

Thread: Croydon Racing Development - Cobb custom tune

Default Croydon Racing Development - Cobb custom tune

Hey everyone.

I spoke with Andrej from Croydon Racing Development (CRD) in Sydney earlier today as they are an authorised Cobb tuner. They have experience in tuning the R35 Nissan GT-R with Cobb tuning software and gave them a call to see if they had any plans with the release of the AP for the MPS in Australia.

CRD are currently awaiting confirmation from Cobb with respect to the software to be used but he told me that they hope to hear some news in this area over the next week or so. They will be able to offer a custom dyno tune through the use of the AP and Cobb software which can then be saved as a map on the AP.

Although he kept his cards relatively close to his chest, I just thought this would be something that some people with the release of the AP might be interested in exploring, with the benefits of both the AP's accessibility and a custom dyno tune. Andrej has a 2008 MPS himself and understands how eager people have been with the AP.

Anyone who is interested can check out their website: http://www.teamcrd.com.au/ or give them a call on 9648 4264.
    Last edited by Jamesa2z; 24-05-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Not a bad idea mate.

Interesting, I wonder how muh experience he has had with the MPS

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Interesting, I wonder how muh experience he has had with the MPS
    Wouldnt have much I would imagine, but they certainly have had play time with the AP.

If they can do R35's i don't think the MPS will be too much of a headache for them

Plus, i'm sure they are a hell of a lot better than the alternative cobb tuner in sydney

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Wouldnt have much I would imagine, but they certainly have had play time with the AP.

Keep in mind that there is a huge learning curve with the direct injection on the MPS. It took us 15 ot 20 times on the dyno to figure out how to make power properly with the MPS, then making 500, 600 and 700 WHP took even longer. The shop car has over 400 dyno pulls on it and all that from when it was stock turbo to what it is now. Every time we learn something new in one of the tables.

If they are willing to take the time to learn the car and figure out what makes power... they will be a huge asset to the platform in AU.

Thanks,

John