User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GT 3071 : A direct bolt-on

Bottem end is chunky dont you worrie! lol

but if troy gets silly at tries to play with 24psi+ hopes and dreams may be all that holds his bottom end together. . . But it also all comes down to the tune too Why do no MPS owners buy Haltech, Vipec, Autronic ? ? ?

Stop playing with chips and replace whole unit
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Im out of touch with all that now! Factory ecu's were programmed to do the job that mazda wanted, its flashable and convenient to have full function of the gizmo's that we payed good money for! lol

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    but if troy gets silly at tries to play with 24psi+ hopes and dreams may be all that holds his bottom end together. . . But it also all comes down to the tune too Why do no MPS owners buy Haltech, Vipec, Autronic ? ? ?

I have Haltech thankyou Michael, so your question should read is why don't all MPS owners have Haltech ?????
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Many after-market supercharger kits offer a thicker head gasket in order to REDUCE compression and thus provide greater cylinder volume.

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post

I have the XEDE and the flash. The flash is not a chip. It allows full control over the ECU which runs the whole car, unlike the A/M ECUs you are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I have Haltech thankyou Michael, so your question should read is why don't all MPS owners have Haltech ?????
    Haltech Interceptor, like the XEDE.

It is just an interceptor. It controls only the basics, fuel, ignition and timing. Like the Standback. Nobody makes a full stand alone ECU to suit "our" cars just yet.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

great turbo people! the response is great, noise is awesome! not sure what it would feel like with stock manifold and dp...

Small up date for anyone thinking about this turbo, things to consider! This turbo will bolt in to stock location with stock manifold and dp, the intake pipe will have to be replaced to a 4" cp-e type which will fit your stock air box, if the the car is a mps6 the supplied lines are useless and poor quality, the stock oil drain and feed tube can be retained but new coolant lines will have to be made (approx $280 from motorsport conections) and a fitting tapped into the egr housing. if the car is a mps6 expect to test your patiance if the motor is in the car at the time. If you want to run an after market dp keep in mind that shallow discharge housing & oversize wastegate means the wastegate will open past the flange into to exhaust bell mouth (corksport dp not suitable for this turbo) other then these small issues with fitting this turbo its great! I have done alot of supporting mods to retain alot of bottom end similar to stock and must say that Im extremely happy with the results and drivability of the car Hope this helpfull and if anyone is going down this path Im happy to answer any questions!

Haltech Interceptor, like the XEDE.

It is just an interceptor. It controls only the basics, fuel, ignition and timing. Like the Standback. Nobody makes a full stand alone ECU to suit "our" cars just yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeh I'm waiting for the replacement Ecuteck ECU to replace Mazda's ECU still in the making and Allstar are looking at taking trade in's on the mazda ecu's... Then decide which turbo to go with the GT 3071 or rebuild the stocko with better internals not sure yet.....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 03-10-2010 at 10:44 AM.

whats this fitting tapped into the EGR??
    this is news to me

Appreciate any input

Doc

The coolant supply comes from the egr housing to your turbo, I removed the barb and tapped a fitting into the housing for the new speedflow fittings to attach to, alot nicer job
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11092010741.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	5765  

Some more pics

Name:	02072010655.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	6222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12092010742.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	6221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28082010706.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	6223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02072010651.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	6224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01072010643.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	6225  

And 1 more

Name:	29082010716.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	6226  

thats alot bigger than i thought it would be!

And its stuffed after 2000k

Will keep you all posted

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    And its stuffed after 2000k

Will keep you all posted

I was reading in Chat Box Mitch, Bugger I hope it turns out good for you....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I was reading in Chat Box Mitch, Bugger I hope it turns out good for you....
    Dont think there will be an issue, still a arse of thing to happen! Shit happens

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Hmm interesting.... so when u selling ur old one?
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Hmm interesting.... so when u selling ur old one?
    The new one has had a bearing failure, should be a warranty thing but wouldn't mind ungrading! lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast