User Tag List

Thread: OZ Spec Ingalls "Stiffy" Modified Brackets

1. Default OZ Spec Ingalls "Stiffy" Modified Brackets

So having bought My Ingalls "Stiffy" engine torque damper I am no in the process of having the brackets remade to fit the right hand drive OZ Spec Car.

RAGE Engineering in the Gold Coast are going to make up the Prototype to fit my car.

If all is well he will then be able to draw up the the plans and then laser cut them out of some shiny virgin steel and maybe even have them anodised.

I am trying to gauge who would be interested in these. If i can draw up sufficient interest i can then discuss a group buy.

Who would be Keen?

WISH LIST INCLUDES - Whiteline Sway Bars | Rota Grid Drift 18x9.5 Wheels In Brushed Bronze | Coilovers | BOV

Keen, but only if the price is right... Willing of paying up to $200 shipped and only if its 100% bolt on.

3. Default

I am thinking we Could be looking at about 150/175 per set. Baring in mind this will not include the damper itself

Will this fit the Gen 1 or Gen 2 also? (are engine bays the same?)

The price of the damper is about 190 excluding shipping.

If the price of the bracket comes to the price of the damper, or close to, it may kill the interest quite abit.
    Last edited by SP23HO; 23-05-2012 at 05:16 PM.

!!! Waaay too expensive. They need to sharpen their pencil a bit. Laser cutting doesnt cost that much, niether does the steel nor the 2 bends required for the engine mount, and ive already provided the RnD work regarding measurements etc on the bracket modifications so they cant use that old chestnut.

A shop should be able to make these for around $50 a pair, thats the strut mount and Engine mount with all holes and engine mount bent into shape. Zinc plating would be extra but if you get a bunch of other stuff plated at the same time it will all go by weight.

Hell, if i had the time id make them up myself now i have the template!

Sorry just a little fired up at the price some workshops are charging, and yes i have owned my own before so know about overheads and labor costs.

end of rant

Quote Originally Posted by EX-XR6T View Post
    !!! Waaay too expensive. They need to sharpen their pencil a bit. Laser cutting doesnt cost that much, niether does the steel nor the 2 bends required for the engine mount, and ive already provided the RnD work regarding measurements etc on the bracket modifications so they cant use that old chestnut.

A shop should be able to make these for around $50 a pair, thats the strut mount and Engine mount with all holes and engine mount bent into shape. Zinc plating would be extra but if you get a bunch of other stuff plated at the same time it will all go by weight.

Hell, if i had the time id make them up myself now i have the template!

Sorry just a little fired up at the price some workshops are charging, and yes i have owned my own before so know about overheads and labor costs.

end of rant
    Thanks for the insight. Price seemed abit crazy to begin with.
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

Lol, i thought it was for an entire mount... In that case $200 for the modification + stiffy is to much

8. Default

Well, this is a guestimate until I can get the finalised design and pricing.

9. Default

Eddie did this ever eventuate?

I'm also curious to know if this actually eventuate. I've been searching myself to no avail. Have a set of Ingalls Stiffy in my shed waiting to be installed. If not I might have to find a fabricator to do me a modified set of brackets.

Have the modded version of the damper off ex-xr6t and never get around to install. Anyone want to buy it off me?

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    Have the modded version of the damper off ex-xr6t and never get around to install. Anyone want to buy it off me?

How much are you willing to part with this for? Cheers!
    Last edited by TurboXTC; 13-07-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboXTC View Post
    How much are you willing to part with this for? Cheers!
    Totally missed seeing this. Selling it at the price i got it for, which is $175.

Nice! I'll grab it from you. I'll send a pm, cheers!

Can't pm you, it says you have too many stored messages and have to delete some haha

Tapatalk doesnt seems to allow me to delete msg. Will pm u tonight to make arrangements

Tapatalk doesnt seems to allow me to delete msg. Will pm u tonight to make arrangements
    You should be able to swipe left and delete them
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    You should be able to swipe left and delete them
    Didnt work unfortunately

Thanks mate!

20. Default

i would still love one of these.... i emailed the company but they didnt reply

any ideas guys?