User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acceleration gen 1 vs gen 2 mps

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Ha Ha Ha ,gota love the way this thread is going
    Stick that up your pipes and smoke it!!!!!!!!!..

it's just a shame they used this for design inspiration on the Gen 2

.....haha, i thought i could resist but i could NOT!

Haha I actually prefer the look of the series 1 smiley face gen 2 then the new revision, looks are very much subjective and 9 times out of 10 will grow on you as they age. And thats coming from someone who couldnt stand the look of the interior or exterior of the gen 2 when it was released

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    it's just a shame they used this for design inspiration on the Gen 2

.....haha, i thought i could resist but i could NOT!
    Gold!
    - 2008 MPS 3 - Metro Grey - Shadow chrome stockers - Corksport TIP + SRI - SURE Shortcut - GFB Respons BOV-

It has a smiley face cuz we are all happy we now own one. Gen 1's look mean/angry cuz the owns know they should have bought a gen2

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    It has a smiley face cuz we are all happy we now own one. Gen 1's look mean/angry cuz the owns know they should have bought a gen2
    interesting theory.. lol
    - 2008 MPS 3 - Metro Grey - Shadow chrome stockers - Corksport TIP + SRI - SURE Shortcut - GFB Respons BOV-

I heard the Gen 2 has stronger engine internals than the gen 1 which is good and I also like the styling of the gen 2 but I love the seats in my gen 1 better lol

To be fair Mazda have turned the gen 2 in to a "daily driver" the gen 1 is a driver's car. Not the easiest thing to drive in and out of corners and very lively. So if u can "tame" the gen 1 u get a feeling of accomplishment as a driver. The gen 2 while being very good in corners it feels very "plug and play" like anyone can drive it hard.

But both good cars

Just my 2cents

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

I agree - the best and worst thing about my Gen 1 is how much of an animal it is.

Its fun, sometimes - but as a quick daily car it requires far too much attention.

I haven't driven a Gen 2, but I drove a DSG Golf GTI and it was like using a sniper rifle instead of a cannon (MPS).

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    To be fair Mazda have turned the gen 2 in to a "daily driver" the gen 1 is a driver's car. Not the easiest thing to drive in and out of corners and very lively. So if u can "tame" the gen 1 u get a feeling of accomplishment as a driver. The gen 2 while being very good in corners it feels very "plug and play" like anyone can drive it hard.

But both good cars

Just my 2cents

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2
    I own a GenII and have driven both

I drove a few Gen Is when I was looking for an MPS and I found I jumped in and drove it liked I already owned it

It took me a good 2 months to get smooth with the GenII as all the restriction were making me look like a noob !!

I still love my GenII and even people who drive my car tell me it's smooth but they feel the car drives them when going hard

Can't wait to remove the restrictions do I can drive it the way I like

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123