User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Will They Fit

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Agreed! You'll struggle with a 255, unless you're pulling/flaring guards... A lot!

For reference, I'm running 9" +30 with a 215/40 and it barely fits with rolled guards. @zkowski I'm also in Perth so you're welcome to check mine out before you purchase - so you know what you're getting yourself into!
    This!

I've got 18x8 +30 with 225 and it fits by a bees doodle. If I get passengers in the car we do a fair bit of scrubbing.

My plan is to run stretched 215's so I can have more than me in the car :P

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk

I didn't expect that much fender work! I don't have the time and money to go that far into it, especially when I haven't even got coilies. Hmm, well, the other viable option I had going was grabbing 18x8.5s in +38 or +44 of the same style, and getting 245/35-18, and keep that 18" look. That was the next best available choice, but I was slightly concerned with a somewhat harsher ride from the smaller tyre profile. It was my first choice, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben992 View Post
    This!

I've got 18x8 +30 with 225 and it fits by a bees doodle. If I get passengers in the car we do a fair bit of scrubbing.

My plan is to run stretched 215's so I can have more than me in the car :P

Bee's doodle hahahaha, but seriously... should I think about stretching a tyre across the 17x9? Maybe 245/40? If i want to track it at some point is that going to impede some traction or handling? And, I trolled will they fit and 1010 tires calculator a gazillion times already haha!
    METAL, MOSHING, & MPS MAYHEM
    |
    JBR Stage 2 SRI | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | Ultimate Racing resonated CBE | CS SSP @ 35%; exhaust hanger bushings | Rota DPT "Fighter" matte black 18x8.5 +44 | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 245/35-series | ScanTool OBDLink LX | TWM "Big Type R" 600gr shift knob | MANY MORE INSTALLS TO COME...

Quote Originally Posted by zkowski View Post
    Well, the other viable option I had going was grabbing 18x8.5s in +38 or +44 of the same style, and getting 245/35-18, and keep that 18" look.
    18x8.5 +44 is probably a safe choice so you have plenty of room for wider tires, without needing much guard work.
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

Default Will They Fit

Yeah if your wanting to run wider tyres, stick to a offset close to stock. That way you won't need to adjust camber/do guard work.

The only reason to get a smaller offset is if your going for a stance/fitment look. Me and @bodyboardingbum obviously were

Yeah exactly, 100% guilty for wanting that flush look too! But I want practicality as well, I suppose with 8.5"-wide wheel +44 it will line up relatively close with the fender, I'll chat to the guys at VisionR about either offset on Friday I guess.

7. Default

Specs as before. Finally got the rears on after a major roll thanks to lowdown guard rolling.

Still rubs rears over ditches on freeway so needs some camber adjustments and also fronts rub plastic shroud on full lock.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382349683503.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	15384  

8. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382978082.194717.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	15405
    Looking at putting these on my 2012 Mazda 3 mps currently running standard suspension but will be putting coilovers in will I have any issues?

Sent from the naughty corner

They will fit, with a reasonably "small" tire.
    If you're wanting to lower much, you'll also need rear guards rolled most likely.

10. Default

I'm thinking 225/40/18 and I don't want ridiculously low as my wife and kids drive around in it I just want fitment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by insanenavara View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382978082.194717.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	15405
    Looking at putting these on my 2012 Mazda 3 mps currently running standard suspension but will be putting coilovers in will I have any issues?

Sent from the naughty corner
    If your running 225 tires you should be right with stock height but if you lower her might need to roll guards and run some -camber.with those wheels you will poke out a bit though,I run with 18*8 +40 on 225 tyres and only just legal by a bees peepee
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

12. Default

Hey guys i just bought my 05 mazda 6 mps and im looking at putting new wheels and tyres on.
    Wheel Brand: king wheels matrix
    Wheel size
    - Diameter: 19
    - Width: 8
    - Offset: 45-50

Tyre size
    - Diameter:19
    - Width: 235
    - Aspect(height): 35

Will you be Rolling the Guard's (Yes/No): if i have to
    Wanted Ride Height (When compared to standard): as low as i can go
    Will you be running Coilovers (Yes/No):king springs lowered 30mm
    Will you have Adjustable endlinks (Yes/No): if i have to
    Will you be running SPC ball joints (Yes/No): if i have to
    What degree camber will you be likely to running: which ever needed to fit

Will they fit??? I'm willing to go smaller to 18' I'm mainly after better looks and more width but with as little rubbing and loss of speed/performance as possible. Cheers
    Last edited by Kjeff; 18-11-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeff View Post
    Hey guys i just bought my 05 mazda 6 mps and im looking at putting new wheels and tyres on.
    Wheel Brand: king wheels matrix
    Wheel size
    - Diameter: 19
    - Width: 8
    - Offset: 45-50

Tyre size
    - Diameter:19
    - Width: 235
    - Aspect(height): 35

Will you be Rolling the Guard's (Yes/No): if i have to
    Wanted Ride Height (When compared to standard): as low as i can go
    Will you be running Coilovers (Yes/No):king springs lowered 30mm
    Will you have Adjustable endlinks (Yes/No): if i have to
    Will you be running SPC ball joints (Yes/No): if i have to
    What degree camber will you be likely to running: which ever needed to fit

Will they fit???
    If your lowered u will have to run some badass camber and guard rolling to get 235 tyres to fit those wheels but 50 offset will be ok

14. Default

Ok. Do you know what offset/ tyre size would be best fit for minimizing my need for camber? I currently have 225/40 but i would like a wider tyre to fit. maybe i might have to go a 7.5" wheel?
    Last edited by Kjeff; 18-11-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Ok. Do you know what offset/ tyre size would be best fit for minimizing my need for camber? I currently have 225/40 but i would like a wider tyre to fit. maybe i might have to go a 7.5" wheel?
    With the 6 and the 3 our choices are limited and compromise will have to be made.
    It all depends on what u like too some love a little poke some dont some whant to keep it legal some don't .etc
    235 will be tricky to keep under guards with no poke and no scrubbing if your lowered and I'm not 100% sure that 235 will fit on a 7.5 rim u may need to go to a 8 and there is not much to choose in the 7.5 range
    I have a 3 gen 1 which is not a lot of difference between the 6 I am running to keep it legal and snug with no scrubbing 225/40/18 on a 18 *8 + 40 slightly lowered on Coilovers running -1 camber in front -2 in the back with no guard rolling .
    so you can c that it's a battle to get to fit the 6 won't be much difference
    i would stick to 225 tyres which will fit on a 7.5 rim or 8 and go for a plus 40 offset ,higher the better ,45 and over on a 8 inch rim should tuck under just with no camber adjustment or guard rolling.
    Last edited by chef; 19-11-2013 at 07:34 AM.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    With the 6 and the 3 our choices are limited and compromise will have to be made.
    It all depends on what u like too some love a little poke some dont some whant to keep it legal some don't .etc
    235 will be tricky to keep under guards with no poke and no scrubbing if your lowered and I'm not 100% sure that 235 will fit on a 7.5 rim u may need to go to a 8 and there is not much to choose in the 7.5 range
    I have a 3 gen 1 which is not a lot of difference between the 6 I am running to keep it legal and snug with no scrubbing 225/40/18 on a 18 *8 + 40 slightly lowered on Coilovers running -1 camber in front -2 in the back with no guard rolling .
    so you can c that it's a battle to get to fit the 6 won't be much difference
    i would stick to 225 tyres which will fit on a 7.5 rim or 8 and go for a plus 40 offset ,higher the better ,45 and over on a 8 inch rim should tuck under just with no camber adjustment or guard rolling.
    235 I believe will fit. Google a few images to see how it will look

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

Most people who have RX8 rims on the 6 are running 235s or 245s with rolled rears and don't have too many issues.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

18. Default

I talked to guy a bob jane and he said 235s will fit however with the car lowered to will probably rub. im going to roll the guards and have a little camber and hopefully there will be little rubbing.

I talked to guy a bob jane and he said 235s will fit however with the car lowered to will probably rub. im going to roll the guards and have a little camber and hopefully there will be little rubbing.
    Just to let you know just in case 235 on a 7.5 inch rim won't be legal ,225/45 is the best u can go on that rim

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast