User Tag List

Thread: stock tyres

Default stock tyres

hi i got a set of 18x8 rims from my old car, i manage to stretch it on 18x7.5 on my type r was wondering if i can fit it on my stock mps 6 tyres? which are 18x7 thanks

Er.... All your measurements are rim size...
    But stock wheel size 215/45/18 will fit on 18x8 rims yes...
    Just a word of warning, you might get a little bit of hate from some people if you're after the stretched tire look

so even with the stretch is it really bad dirving. as in will the tire pop easy? or shoudl b fine just watch out for cops lol

Go to http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/ and learn about stretch etc yourself and then come back and ask some more interesting questions.

Also have you done a search on the forum here?

This is a great thread to review..
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468

Or this one

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3757
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Mazda247 is the place to go for the stretched hellaflush look...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If i can figure out the question proprely.
    your asking if you can fit stock 215/45 tyres onto a 8 inch wide rim?

If so the answer is yes, shouldn't be a problem. Slight stretch but nothing too dramatic.
    You would be better off getting some newer/better tyres though. 235/40 for example

guys go easy on people who want to be different. if its not to your taste, then so be it. but no need to be negative. this is a forum where people come if they own a MPS to ask questions and learn, regardless what they want to do to the car.

to the OP, please re-read what you type. you aren't clear on what you're asking...

I believe it is technically illegal to fit a 215 tyre to an 8" wide rim, while some shops will do it for you, you may have insurance issues in the event of a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    guys go easy on people who want to be different. if its not to your taste, then so be it. but no need to be negative. this is a forum where people come if they own a MPS to ask questions and learn, regardless what they want to do to the car.

to the OP, please re-read what you type. you aren't clear on what you're asking...
    i was just saying there is potential for hate
    for the most part, this is more a function over form forum... as is MSF
    places like mazda247 are more into the hellaflush/stretched look, and he'll probably get better information from there...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

It's a free world yes, do what you like, just beware the law and insurance dont think like that.

Also, please use standard grammar to get your message across. Most devices will assist you with that.

We look forward to some pics once you have achieved what you want (what ever that is).