User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dan's Garage - Another Black MPS Gen II Paint Correction + Opticoat

Definitely want pics mate

I had a look at the MPS6 of one of the guys who works in my office and it looked and felt like a powder-coated metal? Didn't seem painted. It's definitely not clear coated in any way, so any sort of polish would be out

You can try a plastic trim restorer like Carpro Perle or PreWow/Black Wow (which is what I use). That may help. Otherwise it might be a case of lightly sanding them and respraying them

This is the product I use: Black WOW + Pre-WOW Trim Restorer Kit

Not sure if you can get it in kit for like this in Scotland, but there are two main products in the kit. Pre Wow, which is a trim cleaner only (an quite often all that's needed), and Black Wow, which is a restorer (for heavily faded trim that Pre Wow doesn't bring back)

I know that the Black Wow lasts longer than Carpro Perle (up to several months longer). So it might be the better option to try if you can get hold of it
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Have to admit I think your best work yet Damn that looks sexie.....
    Thanks Mate. The camera is doing a better job at showing it off too
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I ordered up black wow, got it on UK eBay, although Pre wow not available the seller recommended using Isopropyl Alcohol as a Pre-cleaner - is this safe? That's the stuff I've got for cleaning my MAF sensor I'm sure.
    Thanks for the info Dan

No worries Kev.

Be cautious with Isopropanol/Isopropyl alcohol (IPA). Don't use it full strength on paint as it's liable to marr the finish. Best dilute with demineralised water. Ratio will depend on the strength of IPA you buy, but you want to end up with around 15% Alcohol

Eg if you buy 75% IPA, then dilute with 5 parts demineralised water to 1 part IPA to achieve a 15% strength.

Also maybe look at Carpro Eraser if you can get it. It's similar to IPA, but is more effective in removing oils etc. It's 30% alcohol, so it's an easy 1:1 dilution with demineralised water also to get to the 15%.

If you have polish residue on the wiper arms that should help remove it. Just use extreme caution. Rub gently, don't scour it. Also follow it up with a spray of straight demineralised water from a cheap plastic garden sprayer (I buy them from my local supermarket for $2.50 each)

Dan your talent is ridiculous! You seem to be taking it to an even higher level..i'm sure shots with the new SLR helped as well......Brilliant!!!! Jealous MUCH that you aren't in QLD man!! Top job once again....BOOOYA

Cheers Bobby

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12