User Tag List

Thread: intake pipe

Default intake pipe

hey i got an intake pipe from a friend who had a Mazda 6 (normal non turbo) would that work with the mps? a bit noob lol but there is a hose connecting to the stock hose on the intake, just before the MAF, ive seen intake made for the mps6 that dont have a place to connect that hose to the intake pipe.. not too sure if it can work or not. thanks

Would take a bit of reworking I think.

The normal MZR motor is a direct entry to the intake manifold, where the mps intake has to go via the turbo and tmic first.

You would end up with not enough intake most likely, and the wrong diameter pipe as well I would think.

what wil i need to finihs the short ram on this>? any ideas wher to get the rest of the piping from ?
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...am-intake.html

The problem you will probably run into is that the intake pipe will be too small.

This means that you wont get enough air to the turbo.

Basically the designs are completely different, and are not likely to be compatible.

anyone know where i can buy just the silicone or metal hose like this : Cobb Tuning Silicone Intake Pipe - Mazdaspeed3/Mazdaspeed6 2010+*|*MazdaSpeed3 Intake*|*MazdaSpeed 3*|*Mazdaspeed Parts - Mazda Speed Store or somewhere with cheaper shipping cost lol thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    a bit noob when it comes to turbo cars.. but this doenst attach to the actual filter does it? cuz i have a MAF sensor and a pod filter... so need a pipe ffrom the throttle body to the MAF sensor adaptor dont think tat turbo inlet will work ? doenst tat go from the turbo to intake pipe and BOV? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexlimmy View Post
    a bit noob when it comes to turbo cars.. but this doenst attach to the actual filter does it? cuz i have a MAF sensor and a pod filter... so need a pipe ffrom the throttle body to the MAF sensor adaptor dont think tat turbo inlet will work ? doenst tat go from the turbo to intake pipe and BOV? thanks
    The turbo inlet pipe goes from turbo up beside the battery box then from there to a pipe to the maf housing then to your pod filter.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Goes like this...

OEM (stocko) Inlet pipe coming off..

There's the Turbo. New inlet pipe starts here.

Then new inlet pipe goes on. Zoomed in.

New Inlet pipe. Zoomed out.

Then new blue silicon piping attaches to inlet pipe ready for MAF sensor.

OEM MAF sensor connected to silicon pipe from inlet pipe.

Zoomed out. MAF and pod ( not shown) in @CorkSport Airbox.

Final look, lid was put on the box covering pod filter.

Hope that helps.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

thanks for that, the blue silicone pipe it tat just normal universal pipe that u can buy anywhere?

Ask the forum sponsor @2XS to see if he can set you up.

Alternatively buy this:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13131

There are a few things that are different from the Mazda 6 intake and the Speed6 intake. Instead of messing around with it, I'd suggest getting our Stage 2 intake. MPS garage should have them in stock in a variety of color selections.

-Tyler

Oooohh, you said the M word.

I would suggest buying direct from the USA.
    Cheaper too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Oooohh, you said the M word.

I would suggest buying direct from the USA.
    Cheaper too.
    Seconded cause M wordddd = Fail!
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

15. Default

Personally i found the Corksport TIP one of the smallest pipe diameters (i.e. only 2") when compaired to others on the market. If you can, try looking at the range from Hi-Tuned performance as they are 2 1/2". You can also buy directly from them if in the US you dont mind paying postage.

Quote Originally Posted by EX-XR6T View Post
    Personally i found the Corksport TIP one of the smallest pipe diameters (i.e. only 2") when compaired to others on the market. If you can, try looking at the range from Hi-Tuned performance as they are 2 1/2". You can also buy directly from them if in the US you dont mind paying postage.
    Our TIP is 2.25" in diameter, which is larger than the inlet on the stock turbo, which is 2". This is why we have a step-down coupler at that joint. The main limiting factor at that point would be the size of the turbo.

-Tyler