User Tag List

Thread: 20" CX9 Wheels on 3MPS

Default 20" CX9 Wheels on 3MPS

Found these 2011 CX9 wheels for sale for $NZ 1385.00 so I bought them. Came with 225/30R20 Achilles ATR Sport tyres. I was a bit concerned about the fitting of them because they were advertised as +36 offset. When they arrived I was relieved to find that they are actually +45 offset. So the overall width change was only about 14mm wider towards the outside of the car. I was still concerned after they were fitted, so I loaded the boot up with 235kg of steel to simulate 3 people in the car, and they only rub the guards if you drive round corners quickly. In normal driving situations (if you had 3 poeple in the back) you really wouldn't drive like that. So I'm really happy with the look of the car. The car has standard suspension. I weighed the new wheels and the wheel/tyre combination is 1.7kg heavier than standard 18" wheels, and the acceleration feels slightly slower. Fuel consumption has gone up only a little bit. The tyres are not good in the wet, and now I really appreciate how good the RE050As were. I think when the 225/30's wear out I'll go up to 235/30 as this size is almost identical to the original wheel diameter. I guess one day I might get them painted in shadow chrome.

The first two pictures are with 235kg in the boot. The rest are without.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06959.JPG 
Views:	572 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	11063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06960.JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	11064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06972.JPG 
Views:	311 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	11065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06974.JPG 
Views:	876 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	11066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06973.JPG 
Views:	382 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	11067  

Hmmm, they're a nice wheel, but damn they're big, I think they look too big. This might be a bit boring (as everyone seems to be doing it) but go black. Although, you've bought these to stand out a little, so black might defeat the purpose.

Still, thanks for sharing.

I like - but yeh, 1.7kg heavier per wheel or overall?

I like!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

1.7kg per wheel.
    And I don't really like black wheels, so that won't happen.

With wheels like this, your car would look really good on the move. Post a vid sometime.

Shame 20s void insurance as no tyres meet load rating for gen 1 mps..... but still look amazing

JETMPS Guest

Looks great. I Like!

Quote Originally Posted by IN10SE View Post
    Shame 20s void insurance as no tyres meet load rating for gen 1 mps..... but still look amazing
    You raise a point - I could only find load ratings up to 88. But if you go to a 235/35/20 you can get a 93 quite easily....might be worth the speedo inaccuracy for the peace of mind/legalities/prevent sidewall splits.

10. Default

I had lowered King progressive rate springs in mine with 235-35-20 and it scrubbed a fair bit with people in the back....that was with rolled guards too.

Just so you know.

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hunter 28th Jan.jpg 
Views:	1091 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	11094  

@Jap Style

Looks legit though! Is your car on lowered shocks aswell or springs only in these pics?
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 21-05-2012 at 11:27 PM.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    @Jap Style

Looks legit though! Is your car on lowered shocks aswell or springs only in these pics?
    Just springs