User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello to all at ozmpsclub!.

Smile hello to all at ozmpsclub!.

hi everyone, just a short thread to welcome myself to everyone on the forum.i am (pk) my red mps309 & have finally registered & hope i can contribute to the forums here. i have owned a mps 3 bl 2009 velocity red (mps-309) for about 8 months 26,000kms on the clock mechanically stock.i have added a speco led 2 inch temp guage which works & looks great & matches the red & blue colours well & sits above the drivers vent velcrowed onto the dash mat (no drilling) & from the uk rally style mudsplats all round with red mps logos on them(no more tar & crap along the side & rear bumber,love them they have transformed the car!)enough about the car & once again hello to everyone & i will catch up with people soon.cheers (pk) my red mps309.ps i have attached some pics & hope they are not too large,i'm sure someone will let me know!.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00690.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	11042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00705.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	304.5 KB 
ID:	11043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00487.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	307.8 KB 
ID:	11044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00893.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	11045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00485.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	289.0 KB 
ID:	11046  

Hi and welcome fellow VR red brother http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/group...-red-bros.html

Needs modds we'll hook you up
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Hello PK, another VR Brother, welcome to OzMPSClub.

Couple of nice changes there. Looks like you need the flaps, some country roads out your way.

Car looks clean, same vintage as mine. Lots of ways to empty the wallet here.

Enjoy the forum.

hi guys, thanks for the welcoming comments yes there are a few no go roads were i live & have major roadworks on the kings hwy(cbr-batemans bay nsw) which makes tar removal a necessary event every week!.looking at a mrt performance part A mods with re chipp & taking the restrictions off 1st-3rd gears in the next two months(20kw & 30nm torque) as thsy dropped the price to $1500 (save$400).what do you think re the part A mods?.cheers pk my red mps309.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

hi yeldarb, i have holes in my hands from the money falling through,i had a rx-8 for 6 years (black) & loved it but not the maintence costs with a rotary.i love the mps for its rawness & once the tax cheque comes in around august i will be off to mrt performance for a part A upgrade!.caching caching $$$$.cheers pk mps309.

Hi and Welcome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MRT v TuneHouse

Many a debate

Welcome and congrats on joining
    Great community and heaps of info!!

Peter "SLIXX"

hi peter, hello to you this is true about the two companies. for me i have a 15 min drive to work one way on a highway doing 80-100kn/h with steep hills & sharp bends so i use the last three gears more than the first three so that is my pickle will i notice any changes as they are designed mainly around the first three gears!.cheers pk mps309.

welcome

Justin

Welcome mate.
    Plenty of happy tunehouse customers here. Give Jim and the boys a call, you won't be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by my red mps309 View Post
    hi peter, hello to you this is true about the two companies. for me i have a 15 min drive to work one way on a highway doing 80-100kn/h with steep hills & sharp bends so i use the last three gears more than the first three so that is my pickle will i notice any changes as they are designed mainly around the first three gears!.cheers pk mps309.
    Last 3 gears you will notice the torque increase. MRT and TH will net you lots of torque, trust me you will grin when the limiters are off

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

I see your running Dunlops SP Maxx tyres how do you find them?
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 18-05-2012 at 07:49 PM.

I am biased to one company over the other but it only has to do with the conversations I've had

It not necessarily what they offer but the customer service. I live in Melbourne so not an easy trip if I'm not gonna get looked after

Peter "SLIXX"

i have only done about 1200kms since i got them,the originals were stuffed scrubbed out out on the inside(not uncommon as you know) after 24,500kms! so i managed to get them for $220 each locally others wanted $440!.i am running the 33-32 psi & so far ok.mainly hwy driving & sharp bends & hills.thanks again for you input re the mods.ps i had f&r wheel alignment done prior to the tyres going on & alignment was out by 2 degrees!.cheers pk mps309.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

hi luke,i have only done about 1200kms with them.all highway driving with steep hills & sharp bends so far so good,running factory settings 33-32psi as roads here are far too rough for higher pressures.originals done 24,500kms all scrubbed out on the insides(not uncommon as you know).got them for $220 locally fitted as apposed to $440 for the originals.i had a f&r wheel alignment done prior to fitment & the alignment was out by 2 degrees!.all good now.i see on ebay a turbo cover is for sale originally from mps garage new never used $80.for heat reduction in the engine bay.what about the turbo temp?.cheers pk mps309.

Dont think you need Turbo cover! esp since mazda covered everything in heat sheilds! and trust me there a pain lol...

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

i have only done about 1200kms since i got them,the originals were stuffed scrubbed out out on the inside(not uncommon as you know) after 24,500kms! so i managed to get them for $220 each locally others wanted $440!.i am running the 33-32 psi & so far ok.mainly hwy driving & sharp bends & hills.thanks again for you input re the mods.ps i had f&r wheel alignment done prior to the tyres going on & alignment was out by 2 degrees!.cheers pk mps309.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

hi luke,i have only done about 1200kms with them.all highway driving with steep hills & sharp bends so far so good,running factory settings 33-32psi as roads here are far too rough for higher pressures.originals done 24,500kms all scrubbed out on the insides(not uncommon as you know).got them for $220 locally fitted as apposed to $440 for the originals.i had a f&r wheel alignment done prior to fitment & the alignment was out by 2 degrees!.all good now.i see on ebay a turbo cover is for sale originally from mps garage new never used $80.for heat reduction in the engine bay.what about the turbo temp?.cheers pk mps309.
    How do the tyres grip compared to the OEM?

Welcome aboard mate.

Have a good look around the forum, heaps of good ideas and tips in here.

hi luke, tyres are good handling wise,road noise more noiser than the bridgstones on the rx-8 i had.yes i had a look at the heat sheilds covering the turbo & who could be bothered puting the coat on!.i only do about 60-80kms a week as i share the driving with my wife's swift & my ford laser kb sports 1984 with original 116,00kms & very economical. premium unleaded 98 shell is $1.71 a litre here & only going to go up more here only one station sells 98 here no competition!.cheers pk mps309

Where in NSW are you?

i am at nelligen 9kms west of batemans bay mid south coast nsw.51kms from braidwood via the clyde mountain(a nice challange there i can tell you!)

Hi and welcome,lots of good advice here on how to spend your money.Some of us have shares in mod dealers
    VR is good. (faster)

hi oldhead, gday there yes what else do you do with it but spend spend spend!.i was not a fan of velocity red but it has grown on me(much easier to maintain than the jet black rx-8 i had for 6 years!).going to get some work done in the next two months or so, not sure between mrt & t/house.one of them will get my money & i will get a bigger grin!.also fyi there is a silver mps 2011 wrecking at wreckers formaz smithfielld sydney front hit only on gumtree have a look(not sure what thread to put this on).cheers pk mps309.

i am at nelligen 9kms west of batemans bay mid south coast nsw.51kms from braidwood via the clyde mountain(a nice challange there i can tell you!)
    Not that we need one, but sounds like another good reason for one of our famous merimbula cruises

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast