User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BK MPS 3 Suspension Issue/Upgrade

1. Default

Depends where you live.
    I live on the GC so an not sure where is best

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    I think you mean if the noise is no longer apparent then its the sway bar bushes
    @lup15 - i meant what i said - you just said the same thing, but in the negative

if the noise is no longer apparent then it's your sway bar bushes

OR

if no change in noise - it is most likely your swaybar bushes. (ie, if you've disconnected the end links, and it's still making noise, then it's your swaybar bushes by process of elimination).

it means the same thing.
    @EddieMPS - the swaybar bushes are an easy cheap job for a backyarder. you don't need to replace/upgrade the whole swaybar setup if you're just trying to stop the noise......the front swaybar in particular is a b1tch of a job.....unless you want to do as you said, piss money up against the wall - then i say wee away my friend!

3. Default

@SMOKEY, I previously had gold 1990 Gold GTI in the UK and the car was like a GoKart with from and rear swaybars. Just thinking about it as an upgrade anyhow. Just trying to find a well priced supplier.

I don't disagree. The Hotchkins suspension rear swaybar is 300% stiffer than stock - so obviously there is room for improvement! Let us know how you go, and most importantly, if it solved your squeaks.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    @lup15 - i meant what i said - you just said the same thing, but in the negative

if the noise is no longer apparent then it's your sway bar bushes

OR

if no change in noise - it is most likely your swaybar bushes. (ie, if you've disconnected the end links, and it's still making noise, then it's your swaybar bushes by process of elimination).
    re-read what you wrote. there should be no noises if you disconnect the end link if the bushes are stuffed.

if you say there's no change in noise (meaning noise is still apparent) AND you've disconnected the endlinks then its NOT the swaybar bushes.

The sway bar will still move and make noise with the end links disconnected. The links just provide negative resistance to the swaybar.

The noise is commonly either from the sway bar bushes being rooted. Or the end link bushes being rooted. This isolates one or the other.

Removing the links isolates the noise to the swaybar. If the noise is still evident with end links removed, you know it's the swaybar bushes inside the d-links.

Another way to diagnoise is to just jack one side of the car up and shake the swaybar.
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 17-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12