User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Evo Brembos on a Mazda MPS 6

Stock wheels wouldn't have a hope in hell of clearing 4-pots.

what do you think the minimum offset would be to clear them because im getting some volk te37-sl's in 18x9.5 prob in a +35 offset i know the +22 offsets will clear them no worries but im worried that they will sit a bit to far out past the guards

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

im rolling the crap out of the guards and going to be running tein coil-overs on a hard setting and dumped pretty low, spc ball joints running negative camber
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

I'd be test fitting them before handing over any cash hey

Off-topic, went through the thread on MS forums and saw a guy post this, wasn't his brakes that caught my attention though

Mazdaspeed Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    I'd be test fitting them before handing over any cash hey
    damn straight man at over $1000 a rim i def will be test fitting getting some pirelli Pzero 245/40/18 stretched over them

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

i'd love to run 265's or 275's if i could but i think at that size they will scrub real easy
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

M_A, Hi, my only concern is the use of a Dremel to ream out a critical mounting bolt hole. Dremels are great and an essential bit of kit to have around, but it is nigh on impossible to hand-ream to concentricity and parallel. Why would you not measure the new bolt or stud diameters and then get a drill of the required "poofteenth" larger size and open out that mounting bracket hole, thus ensuring you retain the required alignments? You may have a perfectly good answer for this, I realize.

7. Default

excellent gonna do this myself too

Thread revival! @MadAussie, with your wheels @ +32, how much clearance do you have between the wheel and the caliper and did you have to use a spacer? im trying to workout the minimum offset to guarantee clearance

Hey @rayd, I used 5mm spacers on the fronts. The LMGT1's have quite close fitment, haha!
    I'd buy a set of spacers to have handy in any case. Might want to grab some ARP extended wheel studs also.

Cheers!

Bump for new members.

Shame they won't fit behind stock rim:/ should also be engineered but fairly easy mod. Liking Doug's question also.
    I'm also guessing that the brembos contact back side of rim face which is why you use wheel spacers would offsetting the calipers on the mounting points enable the use of std rotors and factory rims?
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 01-04-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Made a discovery on the weekend - the stock space saver does fit over the brembos (with a 5mm spacer as per fitting my rims anyway). Pretty handy in the rain, in the country, with an inch and a half long wood screw hanging out of the front tyre, haha!

Made a discovery on the weekend - the stock space saver does fit over the brembos (with a 5mm spacer as per fitting my rims anyway). Pretty handy in the rain, in the country, with an inch and a half long wood screw hanging out of the front tyre, haha!
    Did you finish the thread of what's required to fit brembos to a 6?
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Did you finish the thread of what's required to fit brembos to a 6?
    First post dude

All that's required is:

- Brembo callipers
    - Evo disks
    - A dremel
    - A machine shop to get the evo disks hub bore taken out
    - brake fluid
    - spacers if needed
    MPS6

Stock wheels with spacers?

First post dude

All that's required is:

- Brembo callipers
    - Evo disks
    - A dremel
    - A machine shop to get the evo disks hub bore taken out
    - brake fluid
    - spacers if needed
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Probably unlikely, but worth a shot. But I don't think they'll clear.

I wouldn't think even with spacers the stock wheels have chance, stock evo wheels have an offset of +38 and then that's still only just clearing

Yeah, I've got 5mm spacers on the front (and ARP extended studs), callipers clear the RAYS by about a mil lol

19. Default

Hey,

very interesting on the brake conversion.

since the brake conversion, are the MPS 6 calipers and rotors available for me to buy?

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by boostedsp20 View Post
    Hey,

very interesting on the brake conversion.

since the brake conversion, are the MPS 6 calipers and rotors available for me to buy?
    after 12 months... I would think not.

and even if he still does have them, if they have been sitting dry, or with banjo open, with no movement of the piston,
    you are looking at stuffed seals... plus postage from WA.

seems to be a few 6MPS' popping up being wrecked in various places lately.
    Best just to wait and get ready to jump on a set Pete.
    think even Bruce had a 6MPS being wrecked a few months ago... maybe ask to see if he hung onto the Calipers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast