User Tag List

Thread: I have a HOLE

Default I have a HOLE

Driving home tonight i hear a bang on the back of my car, turns out a bit of steel hit my muffler. It has a tiny hole just enough to peirce through, i patched it up but with all small holes in muffler they get bigger.. So in the next 4-6 weeks i will buy a new muffler, im looking at a Magna flow muffler (sorry guys no CBE not interested) MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

how restictive is the Gen2 muffler? Since this flows better do you think it will upset my tune?
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

might over boost more not sure

that really sucks...
    Personally i think the Muffler might be more restrictive than people think.
    Considering the power/torque Wookiebmx's car made with an aftermarket exhaust.
    Im sure it wouldnt cause damage, but surely its got to throw your tune out.
    Id speak to Tony @ Tunehouse about his opinion, Being that one of their very regular customers (their development car) has the HKS back section exhaust/muffler, He will know for sure.
    being you only got tuned yesterday i would not be overly keen to changing any hardware,
    Pretty sure @2XS has a used MPS back section at a good price. That would be what id be doing anyway.

Luke, I have a custom 3" system with a Magnaflow muffler. In all honestly I could have just gone axle back and kept the OEM resonator (to save $$$), but it wasn't a lot more

I think the car sounds horn. It's not loud at start up or around town, but when you're on it, oh yeah!

I've had a few passengers, they seemed to like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    that really sucks...
    Personally i think the Muffler might be more restrictive than people think.
    Considering the power/torque Wookiebmx's car made with an aftermarket exhaust.
    Im sure it wouldnt cause damage, but surely its got to throw your tune out.
    Id speak to Tony @ Tunehouse about his opinion, Being that one of their very regular customers (their development car) has the HKS back section exhaust/muffler, He will know for sure.
    being you only got tuned yesterday i would not be overly keen to changing any hardware,
    Pretty sure @2XS has a used MPS back section at a good price. That would be what id be doing anyway.
    Thanks Cton, i have sent a pm to Chris to find out for me. I will see what they say if it requires a retune i will see how long my repair job lasts

Another option... it comes up for service soon so send it down for service Jim can have a look at it all, hmm too many options.. DAMN hole why now y not few months down the track :P or 2 weeks ago lol
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 11-05-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I say just replace it, its not going to throw your tune out by any noticeable amount, if at all.
    Its just the rear muffler yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    I say just replace it, its not going to throw your tune out by any noticeable amount, if at all.
    Its just the rear muffler yeah?
    Yeah just the rear muffler.

I'm sure there might be a few members selling their stock muffler after an upgrade. I got $200 for mine.

Its not worth tuning for

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

yeah, not worth retuning.
    The std Gen 2 muffler is very restrictive.
    Just take a look at the gold (driven hard it goes black) patch in the centre of the muffler, that's a hot spot (restriction)

I have a std gen 2 muffler for sale on my website.

Or, go the Magnaflow muffler, that's what I generally use aswell

I also have a Gen 2 CBE coming soon too. I have the centre section already, I juts need to fabricate a rear muffler section and jig it.

Rang TH and spoke to Tony, He advised 90% of the time its ok but seeing im running standard muffler get it checked. Jim will power run the car if all good nothing more will be done. If it needs to be adjusted will be dyno run time by the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Luke, I have a custom 3" system with a Magnaflow muffler. In all honestly I could have just gone axle back and kept the OEM resonator (to save $$$), but it wasn't a lot more

I think the car sounds horn. It's not loud at start up or around town, but when you're on it, oh yeah!

I've had a few passengers, they seemed to like it!
    Yup. Votes from me horny as a red angry bull!!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

!!!!
    Last edited by slixx; 12-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.

im getting magnaflow muffler installed than down to TH for power test to see how it affected the tune, will also see gains if any!! i also have rego due in 2 weeks lol and car is due for service next 4-6 weeks i will get them to do service as well.

Cool. Will be very interested. Are you going CBE or ABE?

Just the rear muffler