User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: COBB AP FOR MPS!!!!!! Inside!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Got my ap flashed in last night. Went stage 1+cs sri+tih+98.....cold night, back roads, and holy sheeeeyit! It pulls like a freight train now, and a lot livelier all over the rev range.

Only problem is after 5 mins (after saying I wouldn't) - all I could think about was (wonder what this would do with a hpfp and down pipe!
    +2 ... I think I'm going to be faced with the same dilemma . It's a good way to suck you into mods and more mods and more mods
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Confused about this fuel pump business - cos on the controller when I load that stage 1 v230 map, it says stock cdfp.....??

I've posted about the confusion (myself included) here - http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...tml#post219284

And put a post on the COBB Forums..hopefully Braden can answer it once and for all.

not sure what there is to be confused about? if it says stock cdfp then you dont need one, if it says aftermarket cdfp you do need one...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Because there are conflicting messages. Some spots on the site say you need upgrade. The map in my accessport says I do not.

well, it depends on the map you run. You are obviously on a stage 1 map.
    You dont need it until you go stage 2.

Directly from Cobb Tunings site;
    • ALL Stage1 OTS Calibrations have been designed to run within the limits of the factory CDFP to remain safe. Even at this power level, some vehicles may exceed the capacity of the factory CDFP. It is highly recommended to run a "Safe Mode" calibration on the vehicle until a quality aftermarket CDFP can be installed.
    • ALL Stage2 OTS Calibrations REQUIRE a quality aftermarket CDFP to run properly. If you have Stage2 hardware on your vehicle and have not installed a quality aftermarket CDFP, it is highly recommended to run a "Safe Mode" calibration on the vehicle until a quality aftermarket CDFP can be installed.

Cool cool.

Would it then be an issue if the stage 1 map says it runs 17psi tapering back and my log says i'm hitting 19psi (spike obviously and a very cold night)

Confirmed I will have my AP and CPE RMM in my hands on July 5 via family member flying from US!! Woohoo. Then to take advantage of the $99 tune I got from HPFPUpgrade and see what can be done...

Has anyone messed around with the Launch Control or Flat Foot Shift function yet?

I've found a reasonable thread on MSF about setting it up, but I get a little confused about the VSL value....

Flat Foot Shifting Calculator & How To Set - Mazdaspeed Forums

to be fair "Launch control" is more a case of "rev limit when <10kph" than actual launch control
    FFS is cool tho... takes a while to trust it tho
    go here to enable it: COBB Tuning - MAZDASPEED AccessPORT

LC sounds cool though!

And thanks for that link - would never have found it otherwise.

Because there are conflicting messages. Some spots on the site say you need upgrade. The map in my accessport says I do not.
    Log fuel pressures and if it drops under 11,000 KPA then you need a HPFP.
    I ran a Stg2 map to see what would happen yesterday and it dropped to 8,000KPA... so back to stg1 map.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    I ran a Stg2 map to see what would happen yesterday and it dropped to 8,000KPA... so back to stg1 map.
    Cheers Jmac, will give it a whirl - but half the problem is finding somewhere I can legally put it at WOT to redline through the gears......

Highway on ramps work well late at night lol
    No worries
    Use the live log and put it somewhere visible.

Can the AP alert at threshold like the dash hawk?

With lc try setting at 4k.
    Mine at 3200 is too low.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I see.

I had planned on starting LC at 2800rpm with VSL at 10mph......

you reckon bump those values up??

I'm not sure if the guys in the US are working their values from the perspective of a full blown launch ie. clutch dump....because that might be feasible at 2800rpm, where as at 4000rpm it would definitely involve letting it out gradually.

and also - is it intended to be done with traction control off?

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    @Jmac -

found some logs on the AP that i must have recorded by accident when i was mucking around - luckily one captured a whole heap of data when i was on some quiet back roads.

Out of 14,000 rows of data, this below is the lowest pressure my fuel pump dropped to whilst on boost - so I think i'm just inside the capabilities of the pump which is reassuring.

AFR = 9.42
    Boost = 13.26
    Load = 1.54
    HPFP Pressure (PSI) = 1598 >>>>> (11,00kpa = 1595 psi)
    RPM = 5943
    Vehicle speed = 30mph
    Throttle position = 83.07
    Wastegate duty = 63.27

So i can only guess this was first gear WOT and the boost shot up so quick the fuel pump couldnt keep up with it.
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 18-06-2012 at 08:24 PM.

That table didnt work too well
    screenshot maybe?

with LC, i dumped out at 3200 and it boggs down... and im nearly making full boost under load at those RPMs, so need moar revs for launch

@Jmac

yeh that was a fail - have type it out now.

So what VSL did you set? and do you launch with traction control off?

I figure i'm not really gonna use this very often in the traffic light grand prix, so if I set it up it may as well be for a full blown agressive launch.

Just as a side note....

This is possibly the most epic example of Launch Control in action......makes me drool.

jealous jealous jealous

all this talk of LC and fun stuff and I'm still waiting for my damn AP to turn up !! ARGH !

19. Default

Bump glad you guys are loving the AP. I loved it when I had mine!

@Jmac

yeh that was a fail - have type it out now.

So what VSL did you set? and do you launch with traction control off?

I figure i'm not really gonna use this very often in the traffic light grand prix, so if I set it up it may as well be for a full blown agressive launch.

Just as a side note....

This is possibly the most epic example of Launch Control in action......makes me drool.

Very cool, then the Integra at the end with the pod filter hanging out under the bonnet. Funny.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast