User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20" RIMS on Mazda 6 MPS

Yes, but its a good time to spray WHILE they are in such good nic...choices choices!

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Cheers, thanks for that :-)
    Yeah, that's the reason I changed. They weigh in at 7.9kg, considering they are an 8.5" rim, they're not too bad.

Am toying around with thoughts of respraying... I think as soon as there is a gutter rash I might do it! They are just too perfect to touch at present :-(

Sent from my iPhone
    Any idea what the cx9's tipped the scales at?

I'll answer my own question = 14kgs per rim without rubber.

Heavy.

If you're at the point of putting 20 inch rims on a car, weight saving and rolling mass probably isn't your primary concern.

According to this ad it's 13.7kg for the cx 9 wheels.

MAZDA 20" inch CX9 CX 9 CX7 CX 7 WHEELS WHEEL RIMS RIM ALLOY ALLOYS | eBay

Damn you. I've been watching that ad quietly for a week!

But yeah - the extra unsprung weight was a turn off - I'm gonna pass anyway.

For them cx9 wheels It's actually a pretty good buy.
    The condition looks good too.

Sorry, back to thread topic

I think there's a guy rocking 9.5 inch wide wheels in the US with a offset of 45 though.
    Wheel Photo Thread - Page 11
    Apparently this guy only had to roll his rear guards.

Or check this out.
    Some red 6 with 9" wide wheels......
    I don't know the work done to this to fit.

8. Default

Well, my girlfriend found the wheels she wanted and it's taken a while but they're finally fitted!

Ikon Madelina. 20x8.5". +45 offset. Tyres (currently): 235/30/20 Achilles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4689.jpg 
Views:	700 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	11105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4683.jpg 
Views:	2649 
Size:	296.0 KB 
ID:	11106

Although they're currently fitted with Achilles tyres, there was a snafu with the load rating. The required MPS6 load rating is 89, and the Achilles were listed in the computer system as 91, however after they were fitted I was inspecting them and noticed that the loading rating is actually 88. The tyre place then preceded to change the tyres for a set of nexen's with a 92 load rating, however a vital piece of machinery failed part way through. So she's cruising around of the Achilles tyres temporarily until we get called in to exchange them.

Given the amount of space around the wheel arches the tyre guy is going to exchange them for Nexen 225/35/20's (as opposed to the 225/30/20 as pictured). This could work out well as my girlfriend is borderline as to whether she'd want to lower it on not, so with the 35's consuming a bit more of the wheel arch she should be happy.

Those look awesome! Almost like R35 GT-R rims.

10. Default

Yeah it looks pretty gosh darn awesome in my humble opinion too.

Secretly I'm a little devo. My girlfriend didn't know the Mazda 6 MPS existed until I told her I was thinking about buying one (in white preferably). Now she owns one and I don't. Furthermore, when she was looking around for rims to put on her new MPS I showed her a picture of the rims I wanted, Ikon Madelina......now she owns them and I don't! haha.

It's all good though. I don't have an MPS 6 yet because I wasn't keen to drop $16K+ on a car at this point in time. And as for the wheels, well 20" is the smallest size the Ikon Madelina's are available in, and I don't own anything that can run 20's anyway (nor am I likely too any time soon). So whilst I am indeed envious, I'm also pleased to see that the car I had envisaged (i.e. MPS 6 + 20" Ikon Madelina) looks as great in real-life as it did in my head.
    Last edited by JonBOY26; 22-05-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Just make sure she keeps it off the gutters.

Looks great, time to drop it low,
    I'm always the guy parking a foot away from gutters for fear of gutter rash lol.
    Cheers Todd

13. Default

Yeah we were considering installing some of those inconspicuous little antenna type parking sensors that alert the driver if they are about to contact a gutter, but we haven't been able to find them yet. Anyone seen them around?

i didnt know they existed - that is a great idea!

I was in the proces of hooking up an all weather camera under my sideskirt on my BMW with an AV splitter to the in dash screen to try help out.....sold the car before i finished.

I think there called curb feelers, do a search on ebay for them.
    Cheers Todd

The only wheel I likes out of those wheels where these, BE GTV

...I like them very much...I think I said that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337681380.077357.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	11124

The wheels for your girlfriends car are nice, not too massive on chrome thank god. Like Todd, just drop an inch, will make a huge difference.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by 12Lead View Post
    I think there called curb feelers, do a search on ebay for them.
    Cheers Todd
    oh hah - yeh ok, retro tech - i thought someone had come out with an electronic system. surely someone will or already has - i mean, if they can get cars to park themselves....right? My old man's VW can put itself within 15cm of the gutter everytime....i want THAT.

18. Default

Yeah seems those antenna based systems for avoiding gutters are old school indeed, which is odd because I actually saw a car with them the other day. An optical (infra-red) based system would be the way to go, but I think she'll just have to rely on being gutter shy for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12