User Tag List

Thread: New MPS owner coming back from Brisbane to Adelaide

1. Default New MPS owner coming back from Brisbane to Adelaide

WOW what a day. First post.

I've been lurking around, reading and researching for a while. I made the decision last weekend to travel up North to Brissy to look at some MPS's as its a buyers market there compared to Adelaide.

I've found a really good one I hope. A Black 07 Series 1. Took delivery yesterday and am enjoying the car you could say I reckon I got a pretty sweet deal compared to the competition for the money.

Anyways I've done 900+ clicks in it today going from Brissy to Dubbo and all I can say is WOW. What a great highway car these are. The traffic was quite thick in sections but overtaking is sooo effortless. Its funny you almost look forward to overtaking a few cars The seats are comfy even after all day.

Anyway this is my first post but wont be my last. I'm already thinking of spending more money on it for an COBB ECU Mapper and Corksport Downpipe. Great to see the modding you guys do with these!

I'll be in motion at the crack of dawn tomorrow to make further headway into the massive distance i need to cover. God willing Swan Hill is my next stop.

Signing out,
    Len

Hi and Welcome Len.

Post up some pics

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hey Len, shame we couldn't catch you before you left. Hope the trip goes safely. Show us some pics of dodgy highway food!! And your car if course

congrats on yr buy

Awesome news, another Adelaide member!!!
    Congrats on the buy! I bought my 6 from Ballarat and I loved the 700k drive home for the same reason, and so much so about 6 months after owning it I spent 2 weeks on a holiday driving a huge loop around the state of Victoria!

Where in Adelaide are you from?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fx0hge

6. Default

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Very long day at the wheel today. 4am from Dubbo until 5pm home in Adelaide. Very interesting and varied terrain throughout tge day made it all the more worth while. I'm looking forward to more touring in this car soon The car was a dream to drive. A few quirks to adjust to as well over the long trip. But all up happy on the highway

MZSPD6 I'm in the inner west (Torrensville). Is there a few Adelaide crew with MPS's?

Now I need to fix a broken engine mount... Time to start the reading.
    2007 MPS3

7. Default

Btw I'll get pix up soon. A bit cactus after the drive

welcome!

funny how these cars just make you want more!

here is link to a tried and trued rear engine mount (or 'REM' - everyone here seems to love TLA's.....Three Letter Acronym's - takes a while to get used to).

Torq R3

Yeah there's a fair few of us here in Adelaide, we have had 3 official cruise days and recently a dyno day at Graham West a few months ago :-)

If you are looking at getting anything done from servicing to modifying go see Sean at S&J Edwardstown, say you're a member of Ozmpsclub as he is SA's site sponsor!

Sean has done a lot of work for myself and other members and works very closely with MRT so he's easily the number one in Adelaide for MPS's. He's got my 6 to 192kw atw so far :-)

Happy to go for a spirited drive one day to checkout your 3 and talk MPS's

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3ycpxa

10. Default

@SMOKEY I think my problem is with the other engine mount. As you look under the bonnet it's just under the coolant reservoir. The previous owner said he's had issues with the rear mount also. He actually has given me the remnants of the Torq R3 which he had probs with the urethane breaking down. Maybe I can get new urethanes for it? So anyways he'd put another factory REM back on. But my pressing issue is with the other engine mount.
    @MZSPD6 cheers for the tip re S&J. I sent them an email a few days ago re ecutek. I think I might hold out for the COBB though (fingers crossed).

Do you know anyone here that's tried Mildren Engineering. They're just down the road from me and they'd be a handy option i might look into.

As for the drive that'd be fun for sure. Your in inner Adelaide?
    2007 MPS3

11. Default

@MZSPD6 I just clicked your link. I see your in Reynella. Lots of good driving down south.

Yep the sure torq mounts are modular so you can definitely get replacement bushings.

Dare say previous owner must have given it a fairly hard time if he has gone through that many mounts, including an aftermarket one!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Yep the sure torq mounts are modular so you can definitely get replacement bushings.

Dare say previous owner must have given it a fairly hard time if he has gone through that many mounts, including an aftermarket one!
    I've ordered more bushes. fingers crossed my car holds up. I did have a mechanic go over the car a he picked up on the mount for me. He said otherwise that mechanically the car seemed sound. Either way the deals done now. I guess we'll see wont we...

Yeah I live at Reynella and work at Noarlunga. I've got the ECUTEK and couldn't be happier it's not cheap but is 100% faultless and makes me smile everyday :-D

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ifbowh