User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mazda's engine mount design fail

Wheres that mounted to/from dude?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Wheres that mounted to/from dude?
    @MadAussie same place the turbine tech mount, mounts up. Not bad for about $80 in parts hey
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Nah not bad at all, looks good! How long is the 'shock' you made? I'm not 100% on where the TT mounting points are, but I've got an s13 engine dampner available to me if I need it... It's quite a lot longer than the MPS one though

it about 25 - 30 cm long mounts at the front of the sub-frame to the engine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S1420007.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	329.8 KB 
ID:	10979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S1420008.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	10980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S1420009.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	329.8 KB 
ID:	10981  

and this is my home made short shift $5 of aluminium from bunnings an 2 metal spacers i had lying around

I love making thing's fabrication and design are my hobbies my theory is make tuff as the first time that way you dont have to go back and redesign you just refine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss plate.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	320.3 KB 
ID:	10982  
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 10-05-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Heh, if it's your hobby, then what would your thoughts be on knocking me up copies of those moutning brackets for the front damper mount you made there? :P I love you long time!

your lucky i have some spare i will get back to you soon i'll just ask for freight cost thats it wont be much prob a tena

I didn't realise that CP-e made the side engine mounts for the 3 (which is good because they use rubber in their mounts instead of using urethane like the AWR ones). The side mount might fit from the looks, not so sure about the transmission mount... I'll have to look at it in more detail when I get home.

i dont like rubber at all it isnt half as durable and squashes out over time where polyurethane keeps its shape and strength its because of this why some people say rubber is better as it stretches and flex's more so you get less vibes but its this very movement that is its downfall causing it to break where urethane's chemical structure doesnt allow that much movement hence more vibes but a stronger longer lasting mount and with urethane you can experiment with different types of "hardness" or duro and remember you can always get a softer duro then what the current companies offer but i wouldn't go anything lower than 50 duro to max 90 as 100 is almost solid
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 10-05-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Dont mind mine with the CP-e mounts maybe fitting... the words snow-balls chance in hell, poped into my head as soon as I looked at the mounts on my car...

I dont mind the increase vibration form urethane, I'm just thinking of heat and such degrading the urethane over time... although in staying that; you'd think that if you where going to design an engine mount with urethane bushes in it those sorts of things would be considered and you'd use a heat resistant bush :P

I'm thinking the 70 duro should be sufficient for my car

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123