User Tag List

Thread: Button Start Problem

Default Button Start Problem

When I got my car it came with the sensor key and button start. I initially thought this was a bit of a wank but now love it as when I'm coming from footy training or the shops I don't have to hunt for my key, as long as its somewhere on me or in my footy bag.

I have noticed a couple of times though that when I push the clutch in the light doesn't go green and it won't start (therefore its not registering). All I've had to do is find the key, lock and unlock the car. Just wanted to know if anyone has had the same problem and what would cause it not to register. Its probably only happened two or three times in the past two months.

Cheers

Mike

My first thought is maybe your key fob battery is running low and it's not sending a recognition signal to your car when it is within starting range. Have you had any low battery messages come up on the multifunction display when you turn the car off?

The key has to be within range ,if its in your bag and the signal is shielded this can happen.
    IE you walk to car with bag and sensor reads ,so you open door , throw bag on back seat etc and bingo ,sensor can not be read.

i have this in my gen 1 when the key battery is low.

If I have my phone in my pocket or in my kit bag next to the key it sometimes doesn't pick up the signal in the car. Just my two cents

I have that problem if the key is in the same pocket as my iPhone..
    Not every time, by quite often.
    I now consciously put them in opposite pockets.
    I mentioned it to my Mazda dealer and they said they've never heard of that before. But that doesnt mean much

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qx1ids
    Last edited by packman74; 05-05-2012 at 05:04 PM.