User Tag List

Thread: Attention Turbo Tech Heads Help

Default Attention Turbo Tech Heads Help

Can someone help me.. Looking at the standard turbo you see the hose going from Waste gate actuator to turbo, to make the aftermarket work do i use a T pipe from waste gate - turbo (gold hose fitting/connection) - back to solinoide?

Your stock turbo has two fittings - one is the boost source to actuator (turbo to actuator), the other goes to the factory boost solenoid (actuator to boost solenoid).

So to get the turbo to 'work', you can just run a line from turn to actuator and rely on the stock actuator to control boost.

But given you are running an aftermarket turbo, I assume you will be managing boost with an electronic controller, in which case you will T-piece the boost signal line from the aftermarket controller (or stock solenoid i guess) into the line between turbo and actuator.

So in answer to your question - 'yes'

EBC not in yet, Want to fit and run for a while make sure turbo has had some time in the car cuz gets dyno tune wednesday

Should be right to go straight up - they don't need a run in time. Just drop the oil and throw on a new filter and you will be right to go.

Look forward to seeing your gains.

You need to T-piece it and run the std EBC on the car.

You will need a restrictor in line between the turbo and the T-piece. (It will be fitted to the RH pipe in the picture below.)
    The factory turbo has a restrictor pill in the front of the turbo, this creates the spike at the start.

If you remove the black hose on the std turbo, you will see the restrictor pill in the front of the turbo.
    Try to get one the same internal size or up to 0.2mm larger.
    They are generally between 0.7mm and 1.1mm
    Last edited by 2XS; 04-05-2012 at 05:57 AM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Thanks Troy and smokey

Do i need the restrictor? As it wont be driven for long (more for testing making sure alls working well before i goto TH)

You don't, but, you may have more lag than you like.

You can fit it and fit the restricter pill at a later date if required.

got a bnr hey i got one i dont run the restrictor and it boost just fine actually catches me off guard sometimes a hint tho bud get the sure air port it just cleans everything up

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    You need to T-piece it and run the std EBC on the car.

You will need a restrictor in line between the actuator and the T-piece. (It will be fitted to the LH pipe in the picture below.)
    The factory turbo has a restrictor pill in the front of the turbo, this creates the spike at the start.

If you remove the black hose on the std turbo, you will see the restrictor pill in the front of the turbo.
    Try to get one the same internal size or up to 0.2mm larger.
    They are generally between 0.7mm and 1.1mm

Wrong. Restrictor has to be between the gold connector coming off the turbo housing and the t-piece otherwise your EBC won't have any control over the boost. Welding tips are the easiest way to go as they come in sizes like 0.5, 0.9, 1.5mm I find that a 10mm long section with a .7mm hole works best

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Wrong. Restrictor has to be between the gold connector coming off the turbo housing and the t-piece otherwise your EBC won't have any control over the boost. Welding tips are the easiest way to go as they come in sizes like 0.5, 0.9, 1.5mm I find that a 10mm long section with a .7mm hole works best
    Oops.

The idea was right, the words were wrong. I was going off the original picture at the top.
    At least I got the right picture.
    Luke doesn't seem to want to run a restrictor anyway, so, no harm done there.

Thanks, Post editted.
    Last edited by 2XS; 04-05-2012 at 05:58 AM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.