User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just got my mps genII a week a go

Default just got my mps genII a week a go

hi all cant wait to go on the cruise and if you know the best way for doing the mods plz let me know if you have the time

and all so ive owned a lot of cars but by fare the mazdas from stok is the best in handling loveing it

Hi and welcome Chris

Lots of good info here for you to read re mods. As a starting point, some popular early mods are

- a rear engine mount upgrade to a stiffer unit which helps reduce engine lash when changing gears
    - Short Ram Intake (SRI) or Cold Air Intake (CAI), either of which increases performance
    - Rear swaybar upgrade to a stiffer and adjustable unit, which helps curb understeer

There are heaps of different mods options and brands etc, so have a search through and I'm sure you'll find the info you're after

Cheers

Dan

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Welcome to the forum mate.

Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too. The info here is great!!!!!!!

Welcome mate. Enjoy the forum, ask noob questions, most people are friendly. The search feature how, is your true path to Mod heaven. Also, Site Vendors will help out. Try the 400hp Challenge, I'm keen to see someone take it up!!

welcome mate! when is this cruise?

Welcome
    Last edited by Fats; 29-04-2012 at 09:26 PM.

8. Default

Welcome aboard, i'm relatively new as well and found really good info regarding warranty issues and mods as well.

Most ppl put their mod list as a signature on their posts, good to see what others are doing.

I'd agree with caffiene fiend in terms of good starting mods. There are good websites where various after market manufacturers have their gear on, some of them even forum sposnsors, so worth a look there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    Welcome
    Nice edit Fats
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Nice edit Fats
    Thanks for dobing me in brad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mps 09 View Post
    hi all cant wait to go on the cruise and if you know the best way for doing the mods plz let me know if you have the time

and all so ive owned a lot of cars but by fare the mazdas from stok is the best in handling loveing it
    fancy seeing you here.

most popular two starting mods are;
    -Replace rear engine mount (REM or RMM in forum speak), improves shift feel and reduces wheel hop
    -SRI or CAI (Short Ram Intake or Cold Air Intake) - id recommend looking into the corksport SRI with box. This will give you a nice turbo whistling noise, bring boost on slightly earlier and the box (enclosure for filter) keeps it nice and legal in VIC.

Have a browse through the modifications section, there is plenty of info or feel free to ask.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 29-04-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Welcome mate. Enjoy the forum, ask noob questions, most people are friendly. The search feature how, is your true path to Mod heaven. Also, Site Vendors will help out. Try the 400hp Challenge, I'm keen to see someone take it up!!
    400hp challenge?

also, recruited by jfat... im amazed you actually joined after meeting one/both of them

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    400hp challenge?

also, recruited by jfat... im amazed you actually joined after meeting one/both of them

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    It was just me, fats was waiting in the car. we had just pulled up at the petrol station and I chose to queue behind another MPS. Intercepted chris as he was walking back to the car before he could take off.

Chris, looked like your buddy was having some issues getting his ute going too?

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Lol nar he ask me if I can give him a jump start and I said yes I felt bad for me iv been in that sish befor

Thinking of doing lots of mods and stuff my worenty up or wait a long time

I don't think I'm going to wait long I'll give it about 3weeks and then I'll be all over it

Lol nar he ask me if I can give him a jump start and I said yes I felt bad for me iv been in that sish befor

Thinking of doing lots of mods and stuff my worenty up or wait a long time

I don't think I'm going to wait long I'll give it about 3weeks and then I'll be all over it
    just look at some simple reversible mods like intake first

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

But do I have to get it tuned if I get the intake???

But do I have to get it tuned if I get the intake???
    nope!
    not if its the same diameter, look at the cobb or corksport intakes

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

So corksports is the best yer

I like the look of the corksport series 2 with the turbo inlet pipe included.

Wish someone would come out with an all metal SRI solution that eliminated the silicon bends though...it would sound INSANE.

Let me know if you go with corksport, you are in Vic yes? We might be able to purchase together and save some postage.
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 01-05-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast